𝟑 - 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑺𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕.

''Come on Reader, we're going to be late to Gabriel's birthday party!!'' My little cousin Jeremiah whined at me, tugging on my arm while I brushed my teeth. ''Get off you little monkey!'' I exclaimed, lifting my arm higher in the air so he was dangling off it. He started waving his legs about, making the noises a monkey would. I giggled and set my toothbrush down, spitting out the paste in my mouth and washing the remains away.

I lowered my arm so Jeremiah could get off and I tagged him on the arm and bolted out of the bathroom, all that could be heard was him screaming at me from there. I loved taking care of this kid, he was so cute, even though sometimes he could be an annoying piece of shit. I still love him, maybe I'll forgive him for being irritable one day.

I ran into the living room, hiding behind the door, waiting for him to come through it so I could scare him, but my aunt Dorothy caught me before that could happen. She saw me sneak behind the door, sighed, and dragged me out by my ear. 

''OWWWWW AUNT DOROTHY LET GOOO!!!'' I screamed, trying to pry her hand of my ear playfully, she laughed and shoved me away. ''You twerp, don't let me catch you trying to scare your cuz again, or next time I might get you back!'' She told me, nudging my arm. I stuck my tongue out at her, a cheeky smile plastered on my face. She sighed. ''You know, by the way you act, no one would ever believe you are 32, you act like a 14 year old.'' She told me, I just nodded and shrugged. ''Well, we all deserve to have a bit of fun sometimes, hm? I don't want to be the neighbourhood emo!''

She chuckled slightly, and walked out of the room to go and retrieve Jeremiah, I lay back on her sofa. Aunt Dorothy had always been like a mother to me, especially since mine was an alcoholic druggie, but I don't like to talk about her a lot. I moved in with Aunt D - as I call her - when I was 15, and she had helped me ever since, sometimes I wished she was my mother, and Jeremiah was my brother, but it is what it is I guess.

My train of thought was broken by Jeremiah running into the room and thwacking me in the stomach, practically knocking the wind out of me, jesus christ this kid can hit hard! I taught him well. ''That's for trying to scare me, Reader! Mommy told you she'd get you back!'' He gloated, putting his hands on his hips and smiling proudly. I looked over at Aunt D, who was smiling smugly. I mimed a heart breaking gesture, which earned a small smile from her. ''Oh, you got me there little mouse!'' I said, ruffling Jeremiah's hair. ''Yes, I did big mouse!'' He said, hugging my legs.

I picked him up in my arms and gave him a big hug, making sure not to squeeze too tight. ''Ahh! Stop itt! You're gonna squish me to death!!'' Jeremiah whined, faking dying, sticking his tongue out the side of his mouth. I chuckled, and started to tickle him. ''Well then, if you're dead, you won't mind this!'' He started to laugh hysterically. I kept on tickling him mercilessly, not letting him wiggle his way out of my arms.

''Come on then you pair of ninnys, unless you want to be late, then you can stay and mess around all you want...'' Aunt D said, walking out of the house, leaving the door open for us to follow her. I stopped tickling Jeremiah as he practically jumped out of my arms, and ran out to his mother. ''Mommy, don't leave, I don't want to be late!'' He shouted, I laughed and followed him.

Once we were all outside Aunt D locked up and we all got in the car, after a long argument between me and Jeremiah over who was going to sit in the front seat - I won, but only after a coin toss. I stuck my tongue out at Jeremiah when I got in and buckled my seatbelt. Hes tuck his back at me, but I felt a finger poke my arm. ''Hey, be nice.'' Aunt D told me, sternly. My mouth gaped open. ''How come he's not getting told off?! He did it back!'' I pointed to Jeremiah, who couldn't have looked more proud of himself. ''Shush, Reader. You're the adult here, grow up.'' She said, pulling out of the driveway.

''You win for now, little mouse. But I will get you next time!'' I whispered to Jeremiah, he just rolled his eyes, with a <<sure you will>> look, and stared out the window.