Bolin: Oh, you think just because you dated Asami, you know how to fly this better than me?

Mako: Yeah.

Mako pilots the airship above their paternal family's house and opens the hatch. Once they arrive, Bolin slides down the hatch, enters the home via the window, and discovers the family still in the house with no apparent attempts at leaving.

Chow: Bolin? What are you doing here?

Bolin: I came to get you guys out. This whole block is about to go up in flames. Come on, Mako and I have an airship on the roof.

Tu: We can't. Grandma won't go.

Yin: This place is my whole world. I will not leave! Oh, but I'm so glad my little Bolin has come back to visit. Sit down, would you like some tea?

As smoke seeps through the door behind.

Bolin: Grandma, we don't have time for tea.

Chow: Mom, please!

Yin: No! I can't abandon the place where I raised my family. It's my home.

Bolin: Grandma, there's one thing Mako and I've learned from all our years on the street. It doesn't matter where you go.

Cut to Yin, with tear-filled eyes.

Bolin: If you have your family with you, you'll always be at home.

Yin: I'm not going.

Bolin: Fine!

He slings his grandmother over one shoulder.

Bolin: You leave me no choice. We're rolling out!

Yin: Wait.

She takes a portrait of the Earth Queen.

Yin: Okay, let's go!

Bolin walks out of the house. The entire family climbs up to the airship. Cut to the airship leaving the house before the fire consumes everything.

Tu: Thanks for getting us out of there. I mean, I probably could have handled it myself if you guys didn't show up, but, thanks.

Yin hangs the portrait of Hou-Ting.

Yin: May she rest in peace. This airship is nice. Is it our new home?

Mako: No, Grandma. I'm not sure where we're gonna take you, but right now, we need to find Korra.

Chow: Did something happen to the Avatar?

Mako: I'm afraid so. Her airship went down somewhere in the desert. She was coming from a military base near the Misty Palms Oasis and heading to Ba Sing Se. If we retrace her route back to the base, we should find the wreckage.

Cut to Si Wong Desert at daybreak as everyone in the airship inspect the desert, looking for the wreckage. Some soon become bored and tired.

Tu: Guys, it's the wreckage!

Mako and Bolin walk up to their cousin.

Tu: I found it! There!

Mako: That's a Ba Sing Se airship, all right. But where's the rest of it?

Bolin: I don't know. But there's some tracks.

The airship follows the tracks created by the sand-sailer. Cut to outside the Misty Palms Oasis where Mushu and Druk is resting, but flies off upon seeing the airship land heavily.

Bolin: See, I told you. Landing is hard.

Cut to the Misty Palms Oasis where numerous spirits have gathered around the iceberg. The family walks up to the iceberg.