★ Thirty-five ★

CONSTANCE BANE

"Alright, that's it, babe. Get the fuck up before I drag you off that couch myself," Ophelia whispered-growled from above me, her four stacked necklaces hanging from her neck hitting my face as she held the sides of my neck with both her hands.

If she shook me, I had a feeling all of my remaining brain cells would be flung off along with all that alcohol I spent throwing back up in the bathroom toilet right down the hall all night.

Groaning, I blindly swatted at what I thought was her hair tickling my face only to meet the back of my hand with her heavy, metal necklaces, immediately making me roll over to my side and clutch my hand to my chest.

"Oph, I'm begin' you, just five more minutes, 'kay?" I muttered just as I felt her cool hands settle on my thighs and her thumb started stroking my exposed skin, a content sigh escaping from me.

Just as I started to feel myself falling back into a deep sleep, Ophelia cuddled up into my side and laid her head on my stomach, my hands automatically coming to rest on the top, stroking her hair lazily.

"Harry's gonna kill me, ya know," Ophelia snorted slightly as she pushed further into my side while I concentrated on not falling asleep.

"Why's- why would he kill you? Did you steal his cat or somethin'?" I cleared my throat and pushed my bangs off my forehead, hoping to get some more cool air on my skin as I felt my insides heat up with the additional heat radiating from Ophelia.

"Nah, he's just being a little dickhead and glarin' up at me from his place on the floor, aren't cha, Harry?"

I slightly cracked my eyes open just in time to catch Ophelia turning her head towards a certain spot on the carpet and sticking her tongue out before turning back to me with a wink.

"His precious cat is laying on his neck and he refuses to annoy it by standin' up so he's just suffering down there. All on his own, the poor baby," she stuck out her lip in a pout and batted her eyelashes at me before her mouth split into a grin.

"Stop laughing at my expense or I'm gonna get up there and tickle the both of ya till you can't handle it anymore," Harry's raspy grumble sounded from the floor and I snickered at the thought.

"How kinky of you, H. Didn't think you were into that." I rubbed my eyes. "I'll try it on you the next time you're all tied up 'n looking pretty for me. We'll see how you like that, baby."

"Oh, I'll love it plenty when I'm out of the ropes and you're trapped under me, baby."

I heard the distinct sound of purring as Harry started talking to his precious cat.

"Do you wanna get off me so I can go cuddle with a pretty girl? Please, you cute little kitten, I'll feed you real good in ten minutes. Pinky promise, paw-mise...Ha! That was good," he snorted to himself and then sighed in defeat when Pepper refused to move.

Ophelia and I exchanged concerned glances with each other before I moved closer to the edge of the couch and looked over just to see Harry already looking up at me with a pitiful look on his face that made me crack up just at the sight of him.

I was about to swing my legs off the side of the couch and fall on the floor, hopefully with minimum impact, until Ezra walked in all fresh and smiling, a black tote back swung over his shoulder and hanging down his back until he saw us and his smile dropped and his eyes widened.