Chapter 16 - No Longer A Mistake (Luka/Viperion)

Start from the beginning

"I forgot to dye my hair this morning, don't be so shocked." I said in a sassy manor and they all looked away from me.

Honestly, what's so surprising about my hair being black? I guess since I've been here for three years with my hair blue the whole time people who have been here the same time as me it would be strange for them.

Mrs. Clifford took the rest of the attendance and proceeded with the lesson. "Okay kids, book report time. It's a partner one. You'll choose a novel, summarize it and present it to the class." That's nice. Being pared up with someone I don't know.

And knowing Mrs. Clifford, she always chooses partners. In a hat, so in a way we choose them randomly.

"Hat time," She said in her singsong voice as she usually does. Everyone groaned and began going up one by one. So it works like this, if one person picks a name, they have to go to their partner and then their partner doesn't have to choose a name because their partner already picked them. So not everyone had to get up.

Once it was my turn I picked out a name.

Hazel Groves

That's just perfect. I don't hate her, she was in my homeroom last year and I'm pretty sure she has a crush on me. Sorry girl, but I'm gay.

"Luka!" She ran over to me because unfortunately we had to say our partners out loud so they know. Hazel had red hair. Green eyes, and is average height. Don't get me wrong, she's really pretty but not my type.

If she was a guy, then that's a different story. She dragged me to a table. And sat way too close to me. Does this mean she's one of the people who don't know I'm gay and dated a male Superhero for like three and a half weeks? And that I still love him?

Some people know, and some people don't. If I'm not mistaken, she was out "sick" when Chloe accidentally announced I had a crush on him to the whole School so she has no idea.

It didn't make the News so only the School knows, no one outside knows so that's good. She also doesn't know we broke up.

"What book do you want to do?" Ah man, she's trying to flirt. She was batting her eyelashes and it was weird. "I know some good romance novels..." That's it, I need to say it.

"Do they involve the main character being a gay man because if so that's me." She backed away. She didn't look grossed out, just surprised. "Sorry, I didn't know. Did I make you uncomfortable?" I shrugged. "Sort of, but it's okay. You didn't know." She sat a distance away from me.

"How did you know?" I sighed. "Fell in love with my best friend.... We uhm.. Well, I broke up with him... He's, not doing so good. Still hurts. It was just a few days ago." She frowned.

"I'm sorry, you okay? Did he do something?" Can't say he did. Was it being a Superhero? Or the fact that Hawk Moth might've used it against us to get his Miraculous? Both? Yes.

"He didn't do anything wrong. It's... Complicated." I looked at her and she smiled. "What's his name?" Should I tell her it was Chat Noir? It wouldn't hurt, everyone knows about us anyways so it's fine.

"Don't know..." Her eyes widened. "You don't know his name?" She whispered. "Not his real one. It was Chat Noir." I confessed. "The Superhero? He was your boyfriend?" I nodded.

"He was your best friend?" Right, I told her I fell in love with my best friend. "He saved me multiple times and we ended hanging out for a long time. Then I felt something different. My heart beat faster when he talked to me, his smile made me lose my breath and his eyes, they were the most beautiful green I've ever seen in my life and then.. When we kissed for the first time I could feel fireworks in my stomach and it felt... Good."