Book 6: Long Live the Queen

Start from the beginning

Ghazan: Actually, it was only thirteen years. But it felt like thirty.

Bolin: I mean, what did you do with all that time? Did you sing songs, work on crafts?

Ming-Hua: Not a lot of craft supplies in a volcanic prison cell.

Ghazan: And I must've renamed the constellations about a thousand times. When it rained, that was a big event.

Ming-Hua: I would've killed for some rain. Mostly I just made up stories about the guards: who was having trouble with his girlfriend; which one secretly wished he'd become a pastry chef.

Bolin: Ooh okay, that sounds like fun. Let me try that on you guys. You were raised by an older sister, your mustache grew in when you were ten and I'm sensing- just sensing- an unspoken attraction between you two.

Ming-Hua and Ghazan glance at each other awkwardly. Ming-Hua gives Ghazan a sulking look and turns away, surprising the lavabender.

Ghazan: Two out of three. Not bad.

Mako: Bolin, would you stop making friends with the bad guys?

Bolin: Sorry!

Zaheer: Ghazan, gag those two. We're almost there.

Cut to a far shot of the truck entering Ba Sing Se. The scene changes to the airship flying above Si Wong Desert, before to the interior where Korra struggles against her restraints, but to no avail as does Ryu.

Korra: We have to find a way to get out of this prison before we get to the Earth Queen.

Asami: Don't worry, I have a plan. These airships the Cabbage Corp sold to the Earth Kingdom are way cheaper than the ones Future Industries built.

Asami stands against the wall and struggles, pulling off the railing. She jumps to bring her hands in front before throwing the railing to catch it upright.

Asami: Now that's just shoddy workmanship. There's no way I can get these locks off. I need the keys.

She looks at the floor before prying a panel open with the railing.

Asami: Give me five minutes, then start yelling for help.

Asami crawls down the pane. The scene changes to the palace.

Earth Queen: When is the Avatar scheduled for delivery?

Gun: The airship already left Fort Bosco and should be arriving in a few hours.

Earth Queen: Excellent. Bring it to me as soon as it lands.

Gun: Yes, Your Majesty. But first there are some... people here who captured two of the Avatar's friends. They would like to present them to you personally.

Earth Queen: You know I don't meet with bounty hunters.

Gun: And of course I told them that. But they say they have some information that might interest you; about the location of your stolen airbenders.

Earth Queen: Really? Fine, send them in.

The Red Lotus enter the throne room, throwing the bound and gagged Mako and Bolin in the meantime.

Earth Queen: Ah, yes, I remember these two. We'll find an acceptable home for you in prison, with the rest of the dissidents. Now, I'm told you have some information for me. I hope this isn't just some ruse to increase your bounty.

Zaheer: We don't want any bounty, Your Majesty. You can consider these two a "thank you" gift for simply taking the time to talk to us.

Earth Queen: How very magnanimous. So, where are my airbenders?