Steve is funny and talks a lot whereas Joshua is quiet and charming with a valley of dimples piercing his cheeks.

Now I know why Trina likes him so much.

What?

I mean it...

"earth to Melissa!" Trina says as she waves her hand in front of my face.

"huh? " I look back at Trina who was now sitting beside Joshua.

I missed a lot of 'stuff'

"were you even listening to us?" she asks as she points her index finger between Steve and herself.

"sorry, uh.. what were you saying?" I ask hoping she'd repeat what she said.

"never mind." she crosses her arms over her chest and makes a small frown.

Trina's iphone buzzed, she took it out of her purse and looked at it to read the text.

She frowns again and gave us a dissapointed look.

"I have to go." she says as she stands up.

"us too, it was nice meeting you Melissa." Steve smiles as I smile back.

As we walk out of the shop, the guys walk their way as Trina offers me a lift.

"I'll take a cab, thanks though..." I say as she frowns and sighs.

"do you really think I'll listen to your nonsense Mellisa?"

"don't worry-"

"Shall we? it'll be dark soon."

I have no option but to get in her car. I want to ask about Joshua again but I know I'm not in the right position to ask.

After a few minutes, we arrived and I insisted that Trina have some coffee.

"okay fine, I will!" she blurts out.

We walk in, "you can have a seat while I prepare the coffee."

She smiles and sit on the couch bringing out her phone from her purse.

"Melissa!" my mom shouts as she walks in.

She looks over at Trina then give her a genuine smile.

"mom, this is Trina." I introduce them as my mom surprisingly hug Trina.

My mom looks so happy today, who knows why.

"why don't you girls sit and talk while I make some coffee for you."

We only nod our heads as I sit next to Trina on the couch.

"you have a nice mom, Mellisa." she looks down with a sad face.

"thanks, I'm also grateful for that." I say as I sigh and smile thinking about everything mom and dad had to go through because of me.

Sometimes, I blame myself for Lisa leaving us, if only I had not been sick then none of this would have happened.

We would be staying with Lisa until now and I wouldn't have to worry about finding her.

All because of me.

If only I was strong enough.

It's now very dark outside and it's about to start raining.

My mom comes back with two cups of coffee and hands one to Trina and one to me.

"thanks..." Trina thank my mom with a small smile before sipping from her coffee.

...

"you should visit us again okay?" mom hugs Trina again.