twenty nine | special 2009: planet of the dead

Start from the beginning

Annabelle asked him, "Is there any chance that you could get that device of yours to hurry up with the detecting so that I don't have to listen to that one going on and on about these voices that she's hearing? Because the more I have to listen to it, the more I feel the urge to reach over and—"

It was then that the Doctor turned away from Annabelle and said, "Oh, the little dish is going round!"

In turn, the woman sitting beside him had said, "Fascinating."

Then the Doctor said, "And round. Oh!"

After some smoke had come out of his device and the Doctor had stood up from where he was sitting, the woman sitting just in front of him had said to him, "Excuse me. Do you mind?"

The Doctor said to the third woman, "Sorry, that was my little dish."

Then the first woman asked the Doctor, "Can't you turn that thing off?"

Then the Doctor turned to the first woman and asked her, "What was your name?"

The first woman said to him, "Christina."

Then the Doctor said to her, "Christina, hold on tight." Then– after sitting back down again– he yelled, "Everyone! Hold on!"

It was then that– after some crashing had occurred on the bus– everyone but Annabelle started to scream as they were thrown about on the inside of the bus.

And while the screaming had continued, one of the women on the bus yelled, "The voices! The voices! They're screaming!"

Then another voice could be heard asking, "What's going on?"

And while the screaming of the passengers had continued, Annabelle let out a sigh and shook her head to herself as she said, "I really do hate humans."

* * *

As he went to take a step out of the bus with Annabelle and three others close behind him, the Doctor said, "End of the line." As he took a couple of more steps away from the bus, he said, "Call it a hunch, but I think we've got a little bit further than Brixton."

And while Annabelle took several steps away from the bus and stared up at the smoke that was coming out of the missing top of the bus with her head tilted to the side and her eyes narrowed, she heard Lou say, "We should get out. Even if that's the Sahara, we can't stay onboard this thing."

Then the same woman from before said to Lou, "I'm not going out there. They're still calling. All around us. The voices are crying."

Lou asked her, "What voices, sweetheart?"

The woman told him, "The dead. We're surrounded by the dead."

And while Annabelle only rolled her eyes in response to the woman's words, the Doctor let a pile of sand that he'd grabbed with his hand fall back down onto the sandy ground, just before a blonde-haired woman had said, "That's impossible. There are three suns. Three of 'em!"

Then another passenger yelled with a point of his finger, "Like when all those planets were up in the sky!"

While Annabelle only clenched her jaw in response to the reminder that the male passenger had just given her, another passenger asked, "But it was the Earth that moved back then, wasn't it?"

With a shake of his head, the same passenger from before yelled, "Oh, man, we're on another world!"

Then the driver of the bus said, "It's still intact, though. Not as bad as it looks, though, the chassis is still holding together. Oh, my boss is gonna murder me!"