She smiles at me, with that stupid, dumb girl smile of hers. It's to fucking bright. She raises her fist to me.

I look at her and roll my eyes, reciprocating her fist bump. She smiles wider.

"That was really hard for you, huh?"

"Shut the hell up, loser". I look to the floor.

She just laughs at me.

Yup, I hate her.

=====
"Cartman?"

The boys fill the room looking strangely at Cartman, before quickly ignoring him to get to me.

"Boys!" I beam.

They run over to me, enveloping me in a hug as arms tangle and confuse around me.

"Mmhm mhh mhh." (we miss you at school)

I laugh as they pull away.

"I've been gone for one day!" I giggle.

"Still." Stan looks at me.

I smile.

"Team Craig got this for you." Kyle says, as he rummages through his backpack. Pulling out a red, "get well soon" card.

I take it and look at him.

"They"-

"We told them you had an 'accident'. You don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to." Kyle reassured me.

I sigh, opening the card.

Don't die, that would suck. -Craig

Feel better! -Tweek

Someone's got to laugh at my jokes, come back soon. -Jimmy

I'm hot, your hot, let's cool off together;) only when you're better though. -Clyde

Get well soon, newbie -Tolkien

I smile to myself as I read the notes. My heart flutters, as I'm filled with gratitude.

My friends.

I feel full, complete. Like I have everything I need and more.

My smile fades as I feel a ping in my chest.

"No ones, going to save you now"....

I shake the thought away. People care, they really do.

They will.

Someone will.

__________________________

"Are you sure you feel good to go, hun"? My mother asks me, as she grips the discharge papers in her hands.

"Perfectly, mom". I tell her.

"I just, I — worry— about you. You need to take care of yourself." She frowns at me.

I look at her, strong and stoic.

"I'm good".

She returns my gaze for a long time, weighing her options. She knows. Maybe it's that motherly instinct, maybe it's general concern. Or maybe— she knows. She needs to think I'm good. Has to. I can't have anyone else worry about me, well because I'm nobody.

"I'm good".

She sighs and signs the papers, reluctantly walking out the door. Taking one last look at me before she leaves, returning the signed documents to the doctors.