She sat on the floor with her back to the shelves and opened the book. There was no other book like this, all the information about her family had disappeared, the only books in existence resided in royal libraries for study but somehow one had ended up here.

And she was more than grateful to have at least a piece of her home. Deyanira was quite young when she escaped, so she could only remember a few glimpses, mostly parts of the palace and of faces, but the latter were always forgotten since she woke up from the dream.

It was strange to watch the pirate truly smile down at the book like a mad woman, Captain Malsagov, didn't smile, she only smirked or grinned mockingly and condescendingly.

Her eyes started to droop as if the book was singing a lullaby with the comforting words describing her home and soon she found herself asleep against the shelves of the library.

.・゜゜・☼・゜゜・.

"Excuse me, miss, we are closing" a voice said from above her, she was startled awake as she looked up at the librarian who stared disapprovingly.

"Oh, right" she stood up and the librarian  went back to her seat at the center of the library. Deyanira noticed the book was still in her hands and instead of putting it back into the shelf she put it under her clothes. It didn't covered anything, it looked weird from the front, but it will avoid the librarian from seeing the book in her hands.

Unfortunately for her, the book slid out and hit the floor with a loud 'thump' when she was already by the door.

"Hey! What's that?!" The librarian asked as she took notice of the book that had fallen from her clothes.

"Bloody Saints" she took the book in her hands and ran out of the library with the screaming old woman behind her, but soon she lost the woman.

Triumphant she went back to the docks and located her ship. Without anyone stopping her she got on it, instantly her ears bro g filled by music playing as her crew danced and singed around.

The woman smiled at the happy energy around her, however everything vanished once she saw a familiar ship not too far from hers.

Privateer Stormhund

Had he found her already? She was having such a great day, but of course the pretty little man had to make his appearance.

Guess they'll had to sail sooner than they thought.

"Alright, gentlemen! Change of plans! We sail in ten minutes!"

.・゜゜・☼・゜゜・.

"Request for Charter, Captain" Tamar said as he opened Stormhund's door.

"Immediate Charter" Mal entered as soon as the door was opened with Alina following him.

"He means we need to leave right now" Alina spoke as they both stopped in front of the blonde man's desk.

"Let's be clear about two things" Stormhund leaned forwards on the desk as he talked "And we're already underway, I'm glad you've joined us. Now maybe you'd be so kind as to give the room a little light. After all you are Alina Starkov, a 20 million Kruge Saint" he pulled out his gun and slammed it on his desk without breaking his stare. "Dead or alive. No point in denying it, Miss Starkov, you are the sun summoner"

"You are right" Alina announced before extending her arms to the sides making two balls of light come out of them.

"Impressively Stormhund whistled "and it's not often that I say that"

"Let us go. Or you'll be out 20 million kruge and a ship" the raven haired girl threatened.

"While I'm well aware you could consign is all to the watery deep" Stormhund chuckled as he stood up and went for a drink. "You should really consider how far from the docks we are. Besides I'm not handing you over to the Fjerdans"

"You are not?" Alina's asked confused.

"Saints, no" he said before stopping and looking up with a serious frown. "Sorry, is it offensive to say that in the presence of a living saint?"

"Okay, what do you want with us then?" Mal asked as he sat on of the chairs k front of his desk.

"With you? Nothing. Honestly, I'm not even sure who you are but the sun summoner..." he turned to look at said girl. "Well, you have to know you're quite valuable"

"You just said you wouldn't turn her in for a bounty, Pirate-"

"Privateer, got nothing against about Pirates though, actually-"

"Oh, sorry" Mal sarcastically interrupted him.

"And what I said was I wouldn't hand her into Fjerdans. I said nothing of Kerch or Shu and frankly, I think Fjerdans are severely undervaluing you"

"You are right, they are. Because you'll be able to axle the King of Ravka twice as much" Alina said leaning over the desk menacingly.

"You know the King?"

"I'm the sun summoner"

"By all accounts, the first army have now turned their sights on Grisha. Thanks to you and your conspirator did in the fold"

"The darkling and I were not partners" Alina stood away abruptly. "You May believe otherwise but once I tear down the Fold and reunite Ravka, the world will see I am not his ally. Help us and you'll be rewarded"

"To tear down the fold?" He scoffed. "And how do you park of dong that exactly?"

"By hinting Morozova's sea whip-"

"Alina" Mal warned the girl not to say too much.

Storming huffed astounded and drank from his cup. "Well I suppose if the stag existed, the sea whip and the Firebird might as well. You couldn't do it with one amplifier but two..."

"Unburdened by General Kirigan under my own power, will you help us or not?"

"There's adventure, danger, money?" He said as he walked to the indie and then turned around with a big smile "Now you're speaking my language" he drank everything from his cup in one gulp before looking at them again. "But, I'll have a stop to make before this"

"What? What stop?" Aline tried to protest.

"I have to catch my sun, once and for all" he sighed as if in love.

"Your sun?" Alina and Mal frowned at his words. And soon after their question they heard Tamar groaning behind them and muttering 'not again' under his breath.

"My woman"

"I'm sorry, you are stopping this because of a woman?" Mal asked.

"Not any woman, my future wife, besides she has a crew if I manage to convince her to come into the adventure, the extra crew will definitely help in capturing the sea whip"

"And where is this woman?" Alina asked.

"Right there" he looked through a circular window in one of the walls. Alina and Mal both leaned to see whatever was outside only to find another ship in the distance.

"That is a pirate ship, privateer" Mal turned to look at the man whose smile got bigger at the words.

"I know"

.・゜゜・☼・゜゜・.
She speaks!
It's kinda going to be sunshine boy and grumpy girl, and I'm loving it so far 😭