Mikey and Baji looked over to Draken, who's eyes were wide and his ears were bright red.

"let's get out of here, guys. we weren't supposed to hear that." Mikey spoke, and the other two nodded, going back down the stairs with Draken lagging behind, unable to process what he just heard.

on the other side of the conversation, you were trying to lighten the mood between you and Ren.

"hey, Ren, it's okay. we're both wasted, it's not like we're in the right mindset to make really thought-out decisions." he smiled and agreed, the mood getting less awkward as you both chalked it up to the alcohol.

standing up and holding a hand out for Ren to take, you helped him off of the floor and the two of you made your way down the stairs, into the living room where most people were located.

you spotted Draken, leaving Ren as he went off to some friends, and joined the three boys.

"hey guys. what'd i miss?" "nothing," Draken said quickly, a distant look in his eyes.

"how drunk is he?" you asked Mikey and Baji, chuckling.

"very. we're all very drunk." was all Baji said, and you dropped the subject, unsure of how to answer so instead you just laughed.

before any of you could speak again, you were pushed from behind, causing you to stumble forward.

Mikey caught you, helping you back up as you turned around, seeing Haru in front of you.

"dude, what the hells your problem?!" you asked, and she balled her fists in anger.

"you're my problem! you come into this party, at my house, acting like you're a princess while everybody just knows you and talks to you!"

you scoffed at her explanation, thinking how pathetic she sounded. by now, a crowd had formed around you two, the atmosphere going quiet as someone stopped the music and everyone stood around in anticipation.

"i'm not trying to start anything, Haru. i just came here to have fun; i didn't know it was your party." from your nonchalant behaviour, Haru got even angrier at how little you cared about her frustration.

"do you not even care about how i feel?!" she asked, her voice raising in anger.

laughing hollowly, you shot back, "why would i? you're the one who's been a major bitch to me these past few months." a string of murmurs rang through the crowd, only a few people knowing what you were referring to.

Draken was about to step in, before Mikey held him back as it wasn't his place.

Haru grew insanely angry at your laid-back tone, stepping forward.

before you could even do anything, a harsh stinging pain spread across your cheek as your head turned from the impact of her slapping you.

the people watching silent, waiting for your next move.

your hand raised to cup your cheek, facing her again with your eyes narrowed.

"do you really want to get into a fight?" you asked lowly, and she didn't respond, only giving you a look as if to say she was daring you to hit her back.

you clenched your fists at your sides, anger coursing through your veins. with the alcohol in your system, you weren't thinking straight and rushed towards her.

before your fist could make contact with Haru, a pair of strong hands lifted you up and you were tossed over Drakens shoulder, him holding onto you tightly as you struggled against his grip.

"Kenny, let me go!" you whisper-shouted to him, but he only turned around with Mikey and Baji following.

"i think it's time we left," was all he said, and everyone watched as the four of your exited the house, and he finally set you down on the sidewalk in front of Haru's house.

"what the hell was that?! i was just about to beat her ass!" you exclaimed, pointing your anger towards Draken.

he didn't mind, though, as he rather you direct your anger at him instead of making a dumb drunken mistake.

"it's a bad idea to let her provoke you y/n; she's only doing that to get a reaction out of you.

you sighed, knowing he was right. Mikey then grinned at you, trying to lighten the mood.

"for what it's worth, you definitely won that. she was being super desperate for attention and everyone could see that." you smiled back at him, chuckling lightly.

the four of you began walking home, deciding to leave your bikes for the night as none of you were in the condition to drive.

while stumbling home and everyone's laughter filling the air, you spotted a park and ran towards it with the boys following closely behind.

you made a beeline towards the swings, hopping on one and pushing your feet to gain momentum.

Mikey ran to the swing beside you, while Draken and Baji sat on the wood chips near you two.

laughter echoed through the empty park, as you and Mikey tried to swing higher than the other.

Draken kept looking over at you, your gazes locking more than once and you broke the stare quickly every time, growing sheepish under his intent gaze.

when he wasn't looking, you admired his features and felt drawn to him.

Draken caught your staring, and you looked away once again, while he just laughed at your actions.

you had completely forgotten about all of your worries, as your time with them made you problems melt away and you laughed with them until your stomach hurt.