Chapter 43

you and Draken were walking back to the school, as lunch had started and you had to get back for the classes after lunch.

finally arriving back at the school, you spotted Baji and Mikey heading towards you.

you smiled and waved them over, Draken nodding in acknowledgment.

"did you guys skip or something?" Baji asked, as him and Mikey stood in front of you and Draken.

"Kenny skipped, i got kicked out." you responded, grinning innocently as the boys laughed.

once the laughter died down, your group decided to eat lunch near a tree that was a little bit away from the school.

after a few moments, a familiar group of faces walked up to you and your friends.

Ren headed your way, with Aiyo and Kioshi following him.

"hey guys, what's up?" you greeted, smiling up at them and squinting your eyes against the bright rays of the sun.

"nothing much, can we talk to you for a minute?" Kioshi asked, and you nodded and rose from your seat on the ground.

telling the boys you'd only be a second, they nodded and continued their previous conversation.

you made your way away from Mikey, Baji, and Draken, looking between the three other friends and waited for them to speak.

"so, theres a party friday night. we wanted you to come along; it's gonna be fun!" Kioshi explained, and a smile grew on your features.

"yeah, id love to! can my friends come too?" you asked, gesturing your hand behind you to the boys.

Aiyo perked up at the question wiggling her eyebrows as she looked between you and Draken, causing you to chuckle with a small blush on your cheeks.

"of course they can!" she spoke cheerfully.

"awesome, send me the address and i'll meet you guys there." they all nodded, saying goodbye and walking back into the school as you walked back to the three boys.

"what was that about?" Draken asked, a hint of jealousy in his voice remembering how much you were smiling at Ren.

he knew you and Ren were friends, but he couldn't help but feel jealous at your closeness.

"Kioshi said there was a party on friday, you guys wanna go with me?" Baji nodded his head eagerly, and the other two boys agreed as well.

you smiled and sat back down, Mikey changing the subject to motorcycles as you tuned out and  plugged in one earbud into your ear, playing some music on low volume.

"whatre you listening to?" Draken asked, scooting closer to where you were seated.

"cigarettes after sex; it's a band." he nodded, continuing.

"i've never heard of them before, is their music good?"

"no, i just listen to it because i like trash music," you stated sarcastically, rolling your eyes playfully.

he chuckled, and you offered him the other earbud.

he took it slowly, placing it in his ear and listening to the music with you.

Mikey and Baji continued talking to each other, oblivious of the intimate scene unfolding before them. 

after a few songs played, Draken spoke up.

"all of their songs kind of sound the same," you laughed, agreeing.

"yeah, but that's the perfection of it. they have this certain vibe, and all of their music being really similar just sticks to that mood."