Chapter 44

music was loud in your ears, laughter surrounding you as everyone around you was drunk, including yourself.

you were playing beer pong with Draken, Mikey, Baji, Kioshi, Aiyo, and Ren, as well as a few other people you had met minutes prior.

it rolled around to your turn, and the opposing team only had two cups left, putting pressure on you to get one of them down.

your team had four cups, putting you at an advantage.

you focused in on one of the cups, leaning down slightly and positioning the ping pong ball in your hand by moving your wrist back.

Draken was directly in front of you on the other side of the table, smirking at you as he hoped you would miss the cup, ultimately dragging the game on for longer.

unfortunately for him, though, with a flick of your wrist the ball went flying, landing straight into one of the cups with a small splash.

the people on your team cheered for you, turning to Draken as he looked at you and shook his head, grabbing the plastic cup and raising it to his lips.

everyone who was watching the game started chanting for him to chug it, which he complied and downed the cup in a matter of seconds.

you laughed as he crushed the cup and threw it at you, landing square on your forehead.

standing there dazed for a second, laughter brought you out of it as he smiled mischievously towards you.

the people now rotated, leaving you and Draken to recover from the pressure of your play.

the game continued on, and Ren suddenly came up to your side and spoke loudly into your ear so you could hear him over the music.

"wanna go somewhere a bit quieter?" in your intoxicated state, you just nodded and he grabbed your hand, pulling you upstairs into a hallway that had no one ir in.

Draken, on the other hand, saw you walk away with Ren and jealousy started to rise in his chest.

Mikey and Baji also saw the scene play out, looking to Draken and the three of them decided to go upstairs in case you needed help.

they were all drunk, but in a clear enough headspace to know what could possibly happen, so they stood at the top of the stairs, listening in on your conversation.

you sat down with your back against the wall, Ren doing the same.

turning your head to face him, you grinned lazily and he laughed at how wasted you were.

"so, are you having fun?" he asked, and you smiled and nodded.

"this is my first high school party," you admitted.

"mine too." you smiled at each other, a comfortable silence falling upon you.

suddenly, Ren started leaning in for a kiss.

your eyes widened, not expecting him to make a move on you as you were close friends.

putting your hands out in front of you, his eyes widened as he sat frozen.

"woah, Ren, i don't like you in that way man," you said apologetically, confused as to why he would suddenly do this.

"o-oh my god, i am so sorry y/n," he said quickly, looking down in embarrassment.

"no it's okay," you sighed, "i mean, maybe i wouldve let it happen in a different situation, but, i like Draken." he looked to you in surprise.

the three boys who were listening in on your conversation, though, stood frozen in shock upon hearing your words.