Chapter 42

you were getting ready for school, nerves running through your body as you hadn't been since before the motorcycle accident.

everyone who saw the news was bound to come up to you, asking what happened and you weren't prepared to have to talk about it.

finishing getting ready, you grabbed your keys, phone, and headphones, clicking the door shut behind you and walking into the main lobby to see Draken waiting for you on his phone.

he looked up at your presence, the two of you smiling at each other.

"ready to go?" he asked, and you nodded your head, making your way outside.

once you got to the street, you swung your leg over your motorcycle and sat down, placing the helmet fully onto your head before starting up the engine and driving to school, with Draken doing the same.

the drive was short; not long enough to calm your nerves.

as you parked your bike beside Drakens and stood on the ground, he noticed your distant gaze and spoke up, turning your attention to him.

"it's gonna be okay, we'll make sure no one gives you any trouble." you smiled up at him, and at that moment Mikey, Baji, Smiley and Angry showed up on their bikes, quickly parking them and joining the two of you.

"hey y/n, what's up?" Smiley asked, and you turned your head to respond to him.

"nothing much, how've you been?" you asked, seeing as you hadn't actually hung out with him or Angry in a while.

"good thanks," you smiled at him, and the six of you began walking into the school.

your hands were shaky, watching as students gave you all kinds of different looks when you walked past, some of pity, some of disgust for hanging out with gang members.

ignoring all of them, you kept your vision straight and reached your classes door as quickly as possible.

Smiley and Angry took their leave, seeing as their class was on the other side of the school.

now it was just you, Baji, Mikey, and Draken, making small talk until the bell rang.

the bell started signifying the start of class, and you all groaned simultaneously before the boys parted ways, Draken staying behind for a minute.

"you sure you don't wanna skip or something? i can tell you don't want to be here."

"wow, didn't know you were such a bad influence Kenny," he just chuckled, shrugging his shoulders.

"but no, i have to go to class. ive missed so much school i bet im gonna have to take a shit ton of extra classes to make up for it." he only sighed and nodded, pulling you in for a quick hug before he had to leave.

just as the two of you embraced, a shoulder bumped into yours and said in a rude tone, "god, get a room."

in any other situation you wouldve laughed, but once you broke apart you saw Haru glaring daggers at you, and seeing her made your blood boil.

Draken narrowed his eyes at her, and she walked into the class without letting you get a word in.

you signed, turning to Draken who put a hand on your forearm.

"don't get suspended again; i know shes a bitch but shes trying to get a reaction out of you."

you laughed at his words, turning around and looking over your shoulder, saying, "no promises." before you walked into the classroom and took a seat.

Draken shook his head and snickered, walking to his own class.

————

class dragged on forever, and you had soon fallen asleep with your head rested in your hand.