Chapter 18

a few days had passed and all of Toman was gathered at the Musashi shrine, for yet another meeting.

you stood off to the side near Takemichy and Mitsuya, as you were under his division.

listening to Mikey, his voice boomed over the crowd, asking the new third division captain to step up.

ever since Pah was sent to juvie, the third division has not had a captain so you thought it was well overdue to get a new one.

a boy with blonde spiky hair and square glasses walked up to the front near Mikey, and sat down with his back turned to him.

and outrage of voices called out, calling him disrespectful and all kinds of other names.

you stood there, looking to Mitsuya, confused on what was going on.

you caught his attention and he looked down at you, smiling.

"it's fine, Mikey'll know what to do."

you nodded and turned back to the front, somehow missing the whole part where Mikey introduced 'Tetta Kisaki' as the new third division captain.

before you knew what he was doing, Takemichy ran up to the front and punched Kisaki square on the cheek.

Kisaki's glasses flew off, and he glared at Takemichy.

another round of yelling broke out, and suddenly Baji came out of nowhere, beating Takemichy until he was unconscious.

you ran up to Baji, pulling on his arm in a feeble attempt to stop him.

"Baji, what the hell are you doing!" you yelled at him, but your voice fell on deaf ears.

Mikey then spoke up, surprising you with his words.

"what are you doing here, Baji? you know you've been banned from Toman's meetings."

"huh..?" you mumbled, looking around at your friends, who wore sullen frowns.

"i know, i just thought i'd come here one last time to formally tell everyone i'm quitting the gang."

your heart dropped, slowly letting go of his arm and staring at him.

you were confused, to say the least, as this had all just been sprung on you.

'the fuck did i miss while i was at Draken's?!'

everyone watched as Baji turned and left, but you ran after him, no one daring to stop you.

as you followed him to the bottom of the stairs, you grabbed onto his shoulder and made him turn to face you.

"let go of me, y/n." he growled lowly, but you held your ground.

"what's going on, Baji? why are you leaving Toman?"

"i'm joining another gang. one that i like much more."

your breathing hitched, sadness welling in your chest.

"which one?"

"Valhalla. otherwise known as the headless angels."

your blood ran cold. you remembered the headless graffiti on the side of Hanmas gangs' meeting place, and you paled at the thought.

"does.. Hanma run that gang?"

he finally looked at you, eyes slightly widened in surprise.

"yeah, do you know him?"

anger bubbled in your chest, rising up as you felt hot tears forming in your eyes.

"he's the dickhead who beat me up."