65.

Warning: sexual harassment

I wiped my tears away as I walked back in the paddock.
I wish I could just go to my room and sleep but I obviously couldn't.
Scott stopped me as soon as I walked in the media center. "What's wrong?" My eyes were probably red so he knew something was up.
"I broke up with Lando" I softly said. He immediately pulled me into a hug.
He was probably the only one I could fully trust around here. "I am so sorry" he mumbled.
I didn't want to cry again. "But stay strong because the big boss is here" he said as he rubbed my back to comfort me.
The day couldn't get much worse. I hated him and he was the reason I had to break up with Lando.
He was the fucking reason.

Scott and I walked in the meeting room and sat down next to each other. It was just a meeting about our plans for the next couple of months.
After the meeting, I quickly got up but unfortunately my boss started talking again.
"Avery, can you stay? I need to talk to you" I sighed as I nodded.
Scott gave me a reassuring nod as he walked out of the room.
"You know I really appreciate your work here right?" He walked closer to me. I immediately felt really uneasy.
"Thanks, I really like working here" I smiled as I tried to grab my stuff.
"I understand why drivers like you, you're very attractive" He continued.
Fuck, I needed to get out of here. I took a couple of steps back until my back touched the wall.
I was stuck between the wall and his body. "I know you would like to work on movies and you know I can make that happen" how did he know? Did Scott tell him? I could feel his body coming closer to mine, his hand touched my cheek.
I closed my eyes. Was this really happening?
"You're very beautiful" his voice gave me chills all over my body, but definitely not the good kind. Not the kind of chills Lando's voice gave me.
I could feel how his hand was traveling over my body.

I opened my eyes and saw his eyes looking at my body.
I was so happy that I wasn't wearing a dress or skirt today. "Excuse me, I think quali is about to start so I have to do my job" I softly said as I took a step to the side.
"Very good, always thinking about your responsibilities" he smirked. I walked as quickly as possible to the door. Just as I was about to open the door, he put his hand on my shoulder. "Think about your future. I will do everything to give you what you want, if you give me something in return" I sighed as I closed my eyes and opened the door.
I felt sick, I felt dirty. I rushed to the bathroom and just started throwing up.
I don't know for how long I was sitting on the floor of the bathroom. I didn't want to get up but I had to. I had to act like I was fine, like nothing happened.

And that was exactly what I did. I filmed the entire qualifying with my crew but as soon as that was over, I hurried back to the media center.
I wanted to grab my stuff and get out of here.
As I was walking through the paddock I felt a hand on my back. I immediately turned around, I had goosebumps. "Wow it's only me" Millie quickly put her hands in the air. "We need to get drunk tonight" she continued. I shook my head. "I am not in the mood" I said as I started walking again. I didn't want to be here anymore, I wanted to get out of here as fast as I could.
"I know you broke up with Lando, that's exactly why we need to get drunk" she followed me as we walked out.
I felt relieved, maybe it wasn't a bad idea to forget about today. I didn't want to forget about Lando, he was all I wanted right now, I wish I could just go to him and fall asleep in his arms. I felt safe with him, he could keep me safe.
I definitely wanted to forget about what happened with my boss, I needed to forget about that.
"Fine, but not too drunk okay?" I looked at her and she nodded enthusiastically.
"Just a few drinks, don't worry" she smiled. "I am happy I have you back in my life" she mumbled but I could still understand her.
What did she mean? I never left but maybe I didn't pay enough attention to her lately.
I felt bad, I spend a lot of time with Lando lately so it was a good thing that we would go for some drinks together.