36.

We weren't really dedicated to one team this race. We just switched between a couple of teams who we thought were the most interesting teams to follow.

Unfortunately it turned out it was Ferrari who seemed the most interesting but not for the good reasons. Both Ferrari cars did not finish the race. They both had a engine issue.
I could see the frustration in Charles' face as he took his helmet off. He looked at me and smiled a little, a fake smile but atleast he acknowledged me.
He walked out of the garage, he probably would freshen up and do his interviews already so he could get out of here quickly.

As expected Max won the race without a problem. I liked Max so I was happy for him but I still felt bad for Charles. He had so much bad luck lately.
After the podium ceremony, we followed the drivers to the media pen.
Every driver still was tired or sweaty when they did their interviews.
Max winked at me as he was doing his interviews but he quickly turned around as Lando patted his back, probably to congratulate him.
They both walked away together, but it was obvious that Max was telling him something, something he didn't expect because Lando looked at him surprised.

I walked back to the media center. I was happy this weekend was over. I was already looking forward to some time off.
"Is it true?" Lando grabbed my arm. "What?" I looked at him but I guess I already knew what he was talking about.
"Is Mclaren planning to ditch me?" Okay note to self, Max can't keep a secret. He just told Lando, which I should've expected because they were friends.
"They were talking about that, but please don't tell anyone. I would lose my job if they knew I told someone" Lando looked around as he was nodding his head. He obviously didn't expect it, but I don't think anyone did.
"I honestly don't understand why you told Max but not me" it was a fair question and I didn't really know the answer to that at all.
"I guess I didn't want to hurt you. I am sorry, I just really care about you" I said as I grabbed his hand but he quickly took his hand back.
"Yeah I can see that" he said as he turned around and walked away.

I guess these guys were under so much pressure all the time that they kinda always blamed me for everything. He had to understand that I couldn't tell him.
I was relieved that he knew now, I hope he would try to fix things, or even better, talk to other teams. He deserved so much better.

—————————

Charles and I decided to fly to Monaco for a quick stop. He had to go to the next race pretty soon so it was nice to spend some time together.

We were laying together on his boat, I could definitely get used to this. "So you're not coming to Canada?" Charles asked while looking disappointed. "No, I need some time off" I said which made him nod. "I am still gonna miss you though" he pulled me closer and kissed my cheek a couple of times.
"Promise me to text or call me a lot" I asked. His hand brushed over my cheek and stopped on my chin. "Every day love" he said softly as he kissed my lips.

I was definitely getting a bit attached to him so maybe it would be good to do our own thing for a week.
Being away from Lando would be a good thing too, even though I didn't completely trust Millie.
I just needed to get away from the circus.

@CharlesLeclerc: Pretty boat date ❤️

Liked by @AveryReese, @PierreGasly, @MillieB and 639.749 others.

@AveryReese: ❤️
@MillieB: Eekk so cute 🥰
@user1: omg it's official
@user2: this is so cute!!
@user3: I can't