30.

"If I get food poisoning then it's your fault" Millie said as we walked to Lando's apartment. I chuckled as I knocked on his door. "Just be nice" she rolled her eyes. "I will be nice, I actually like Lando" she replied just before the door opened.
"Welcome to restaurant Lando and Max" Lando said with a smile on his face, he actually looked genuinely excited to see us.
We both walked in and I quickly looked around. "Well the restaurant seems pretty empty. It's probably not that good" I laughed. I had to admit he had a really nice place.
I didn't expect it to be this clean if I was honest.
"It's just very exclusive" he nudged me and gestured us to follow him.

Max was standing in the kitchen. I thought it was pretty weird that Sofia wasn't around, especially when with the race just around the corner.
"What are you cooking?" Millie walked up next to Max and looked at the food he was preparing.
"Is she always like this?" Max pointed at Millie as he looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and nodded.
Millie helped him prepare the food, she probably was really concerned about getting food poisoning.
They actually seemed to get along great, they had the same kind of energy.

Lando showed me around his apartment. We walked in his gaming room, he had an entire sim in that room.  "Oh wow this is so cool" I said as I walked to the sim. "You wanna try?" He looked excited, probably even more than I was. "Yes of course but I don't know anything so you've to teach me" I sat down in the seat and he quickly adjusted it. "So this is the steering wheel. You have to switch gears on here" he grabbed my hand and put it on the steering wheel. "And just break in the corners" he laughed.
I was actually doing pretty fine. I was impressed with myself. "Okay babe you have to break now" he pointed at the corner which I was driving to with way too much speed.
He called me babe, he didn't even notice it, he was too focussed on the screen.
I wasn't gonna mention it either, I didn't want to make it awkward. I was so distracted that I crashed into the barrier. "Yeah okay, remind me to never let you drive" he laughed.
I rolled my eyes. If he didn't call me babe it would be fine. I just didn't expect that at all and why did I like it?

—————————

The dinner was actually pretty good, probably because Millie saved it. Max and Millie got along great.
"You wanna go outside with me for a minute?" Lando looked at me. I quickly looked at Millie. I didn't want her to think that I always left her alone but she nodded to reassure me it was fine.
"Sure" I said and we both got up.
It was a beautiful night and the view was amazing.

"So you and Charles?" He broke the silence. It was probably a question he wanted to ask the entire evening. I shrugged my shoulders. "I thought you weren't ready to date someone?" He wasn't judging me, I could hear that in his voice. He was concerned. "I am not dating him, I am not ready yet but I'm getting there" I honestly said. He nodded. "I truly hope you find all that you want" he said as he put his hand on my cheek to make me look at him. "Do I still have a chance to make you love me though?" We looked at each other.
It was easy to get lost in his eyes. "Lando, you're dating Sofia" I sighed.
Why was he making things so difficult? "Not anymore. I realized I liked someone else and that I was stupid to let her go" he rubbed my cheek with his thumb.
I put my hand on his. "I wish you realized that sooner though" I said as I got up. It was time to go back to my hotel.
He nodded as he looked down.

"But yeah you do still have a chance" I said as I turned back to him. A little smile appeared on his face.
No matter how much I fight it, I still end up with him in my mind over and over again.