Chapter One

Sara Rogers pov
Society is just one big delusion. If you are in a certain social group you have to act a certain way or you won't be accepted and an outcast. Why should I change the way I look or act to appease other people in the group society gives me? Why can't I dress promiscuously?! All because I do and I am a female doesn't mean I am a whore and it doesn't mean I should be discriminated against. So many guys in my school wear shirts that you can see their nipples through but no one calls them manwhores people just call them hot!

I put on a short see through dress with high heels. I applied a bunch of make up on my face and I don't care if anyone wants to talk to me about it. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and my whole family looked at me like I was some freak or something.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

"Go upstairs and change, Sara! You are not walking out my house looking like stripper! You are 16 and you are my daughter! You represent my house and my family when you go out in public," said my mom while crossing her arms.

I can't believe she just said that to me. I understand society judges you based upon what your parents actions are not your own or vice versa but this is my body. I should be able to wear what I want and there shouldn't be a problem if I'm not hurting anyone.

"mom, your being extremely hypocritical! Look at Jimmy! You can practically see his nipples through his shirt!" I said pointed to jimmy.

Everyone started at Jimmy and Jimmy put on a smug face.

"Jimmy, you need to change too," said my mother.

"But mom! That isn't fair!" Said Jimmy.

My mom pushed both of us upstairs so we could change. Jimmy gave me the evil eye and then slammed the door.

"Boy, I know you didn't just slam my door. Do it again Jimmy and you are sleeping on the streets. Kids these days are so disrespectful!" Said my mom.

I went in my room and changed my outfit because I didn't feel like arguing with my Mother anymore. I went downstairs and ate some breakfast and walked up to my mom's car.

My mother had her nursing uniform on and her hair in a bun, the usual. Jimmy ran out the house in a hurry with his backpack on his back. My backpack was already in my car. Don't even get me started about how society is brainwashing everyone by what they teach in school! And backpacks are so unreasonable and why most Americans have back problems. Society puts so much pressure on kids no wonder why many of them do drugs or get high!

"Hey, I CALL SHOTGUN," yelled Jimmy as he got in the car and slammed the door behind him.

"Boy, slam another door! I dare you. Do it and I will smack the crap out of you!" Yelled my mom as she slapped Jimmy upside the head.

"Jerk," whispered Jimmy.

"Whatchu say?" Asked my mom.

"Nothing. *cough* jerk," said Jimmy.

My mom slapped Jimmy upside the head again.

"Don't make me slap you a third time!" Said my mom,

I got in the back seat and my mom got in the front.

"Everyone has everything," she asked while eyeing me through the rear view mirror.

"School is so dumb. I'll live if I forget to get a book or two," I said while crossing my hands.

"Jimmy, what about you?"she asked.

Jimmy was starring at himself in the mirror.

"Can you not act like a stereotypical blonde?! If you start acting like that society is going to put you in a box because of your hair color!" I spat at him.