You Sound Like My Mum

It's race weekend in Mexico, or maybe it's more suitable to say that it was race weekend. It's early evening on a Sunday and the race has already finished. Lando scraped home 1 point in P10 after his start at the back of the grid and Carlos managed a P6, right behind his teammate.

After all the media and post-race meetings with the team Lando had taken a long shower, constantly looking past the shower curtain to check if Carlos had yet texted what time they were to meet up. They were, as per tradition, going clubbing tonight. He had just jumped out of the shower, the towel brutally rubbing his wet curls (from water, not champagne this time) when his phone lit up.

Carlito 21:04: Does 22:30 work for you?

Lando 21:06: Yea sure :)

Carlito 21:13: ITS TIME TO PARTAYYY!

Lando smiles to himself and lets the towel drop to the floor, he'll pick it up later. He puts on some loud energetic music to set the mood for himself and after some rummaging through his bags he finds a clean white t-shirt and a light grey overshirt that he pairs with his thin silver necklace. He makes sure to roll up the sleeves of the overshirt, mostly to show off his underarms but if anyone asks it's because of the warm weather. When the sleeves finally end up even on both sides he glances at the clock on the wall, it shows 21:43. Okay, good, so he's on time. He unplugs his phone charger and gathers the rest of his things in his suitcase before zipping it up. He won't be spending any more nights at the hotel since he and Carlos found this huge Airbnb where they can stay until the Brazil GP next week. Not just the two of them of course, that would be weird, their trainers and maybe some others will be there too.

The young Brit is way too hyped to stay in his room and watch the seconds go by so he puts on his shoes and makes his way down to the lobby. He's pretty sure he saw Daniel sitting there with Michael on his way up earlier, he was right, they are still there. He joins them for a while, the conversation jumping from topics like MotoGP to Zak's Monza tattoo.

"Heading out with Carlos are we?" Daniel asks as Lando rises from his seat, grabbing the handle of his suitcase. He's not sure why but he can feel his face heating up from Daniel's question.

"Traditions" is the answer he gives back, hoping it will be enough.

"Alright little one, be careful out there" Daniel smirks and shares an amused look with his trainer.

"You sound like my mum" Lando points out and looks at the time on his phone.

"Just don't do anything you'll regret" the Aussie continues, going full mum-mode on purpose now. "And absolutely do the things you will regret if you don't" he winks at his teammate who takes a full five seconds to register that sentence. With a quite confused expression on his face he just nods and waves as he leaves the hotel lobby, Daniel's notorious laughter following him the entire way out.

Lando 22:32: I'm outside

Carlito 22:35: We are just around the corner

Just as Lando reads the last message from his friend a car driven by Rupert comes around the corner and the familiar sound of a certain Spaniard reaches his ears.

"LandoOo! You can put your stuff in the trunk" Carlos smiles brightly through the rolled down window of the car and Lando does as he's told before jumping into the back seat. Rupert turns to greet him before hitting the throttle. Carlos also turns, remaining in that uncomfortable twisted position all the way to the club while talking to the young driver. The Spaniard seems super excited, it was a decent weekend for him and Ferrari, of course he's pumped to celebrate.

When they arrive Rupert checks so that the trunk with all of their baggage is locked properly about three times before they head for the long queue into the club that has already started to stir in their presence. They pass the entire queue, cameras flashing from all directions, and go through the VIP entrance instead. Carlos immediately swings his arm around Lando as they enter the darkly lit room and pulls him close. The loud glass shattering music makes it hard to hear anyone so when Carlos leans in, his lips brushing the earlobe of the Brit, Lando gets goosebumps all over.