Chapter 3: Training Arc

The scene takes place right after Issei walks into the pocket dimension after the Devil ambush (just over one week ago)

[New Mission: Get Stronger]

"Get stronger? How?' Issei thinks to himself

[Complete Tasks and Missions to gain S.P. and A.P.]

[Use these to make you stronger.]

"This weird system, just what is it? Where did it come from? Why was it offered to me?" he thinks

Another notification shows Issei's current stats compared to when he still had his boosted gear.

[Previous Stats (with Sacred Gear)]

[Vitality: 60]

[Strengths: 50]

[Intelligence: 35]

[Agility: 45]

[Dexterity: 50]

[Senses: 40]

[Luck: 30]

[Current Stats (without Sacred Gear)]

[Vitality: 25]

[Strength: 25]

[Intelligence: 30]

[Agility: 30]

[Dexterity: 30]

[Senses: 25]

[Luck: 30]

In the depths of his thoughts, Issei grappled with the reality of his situation. "Of course, I knew I'd be weaker without my boosted gear, but man, is this a major drop? Have I always relied on Ddraig in battle?" He pondered, questioning his own strength as a devil. "As a devil, shouldn't I have gotten stronger on my own? Being a reincarnated devil, I don't have the strength or magic of pure-blooded devils; without Ddraig, I'm nothing."

His mind swirled with doubts and insecurities. The power he had felt earlier, a temporary boost during his fight with those devils, now seemed like a fleeting illusion. "That power I got feels like a temporary boost to escape my current predicament. I can't sense it in my body anymore like it was just a free trial that lasted a few minutes," he mused. Yet, a glimmer of determination flickered within him. "But if this system can help me grow, I'm all for it."

Turning his attention to his left hand, which held his former left arm, he witnessed a miraculous transformation. The gauntlet of the Red Dragon Emperor restored itself, a symbol of his lost power returning. Despite this, his attempts to reach Ddraig inside the Boosted Gear went unanswered, leaving him longing and concerned.

"Don't worry, partner. I'll make this alright again," Issei vowed, his voice full of determination and hope. Focusing on the Task at hand, he shifted his gaze to the notification screen, his eyes widening with amazement.

 Focusing on the Task at hand, he shifted his gaze to the notification screen, his eyes widening with amazement