Chapter sixteen

Not long after he left I followed in steady steps, my heart clogging on my throat. I opened the big door of the living room, and they all looked at me.Zayn, Harry and Luna were hunched over the working table and there were some manuscripts on it.

It still hurt me that Zayn hadn't made her leave but then again I can't demand him.

Luna smirked at me when I went to look out from the big window.

It still hadn't snow. What is wrong with the weather?

I continued to look out of the window, the trees of the forest had lost their leaves. Hours went by and I just looked out of it, tuning their conversation out.

I flinched when someone touched my arm. I looked up to Harry's emerald eyes.

"You alright?" he asked and I looked around, seeing Zayn and Luna seated and drinking, tea eating some sweet things. Zayn was looking at me, his eyes giving nothing away.

I turned back to Harry and shook my head slowly.

"Is it because of Luna?" he whispered. I shrugged and felt stupid for being this jealous."She won't be a threat, Snow. She never was, don't let her have a way to mend in your life." he still whispered, now looking out of the window.

"She commenced that." I whispered back, leaning on the rim of the window.

"I know." he assured me.

"Do you happen to know if they were ever together?" I barely questioned. Since the room was big, they wouldn't hear us. And by the way we barely moved our lips while speaking, me and Harry probably look like we're bored.

Harry hasn't answered but that was an answer itself. I inhaled the tears away.

"They were never a pair. They were always friends but after she couldn't have him, she somehow seduced him.." he explained. Before I could even say anything, or rip her hair out Harry continued, "But she hurted us both in that process. Me because I once loved her, and Zayn because he lost his friend and it was never the same." he lowly rasped. I gasped and looked at him then at Zayn, lastly at Luna.Clueless to what I found out.

"You and her were together and then he betrayed you like that." I said losing my voice. He hummed but didn't seem angry, maybe upset.

"You forgave him?" I asked after a while, back at gazing out of the window.

"Yes. Now she tries to undo that mistake but Zayn cut it off after the first time and I don't think he wanted it to happen. We were young and she was used to get what she wants. They have that in common, that's why they are still friends."

"What about you? Are you still friends with her?" I said touching his arm turning to him with a sad face.

"Somehow we are. She feels sorry but I won't ever trust her." he answered shrugging.

"Does she love you?" I said confused.

"No, she never did. But.." he trailed off looking at them."She's not over him. Zayn is too blind to see it because he doesn't bother and he has you. He loves you, something he never knew what it would feel like. That's why you shouldn't feel afraid to lose him." he softly said. I nodded slowly."And now he gets jealous when he sees us together even if it is only when we're talking. He thinks I might want revenge or you'll fall in love with me." he whispered shaking his head in the process, disappointed that his friend would think that. So he knows of his jealous thrive. I pat his shoulder and we stay some more there talking casually.

Then I looked at Zayn and ventured to him.

Zayn's gaze had hardened and he was gripping the tea cup. He was jealous because of Harry. But he shouldn't be.