Chapter one

Snow's POV

The autumn breeze was refreshing, the colorful leaves were falling down my feet and I took a satisfying deep breath liking the brisk and cool air that the rain has left behind.It was my favourite scent because it gives me a clean feeling, like when you need something pure and it's there when you need to.

The view on my garden was as always quite marvellous.I will miss it.The trees I had planted, the flowers that were withering leaving a beautiful panorma behind, and outstandignly I would miss my roses the most.It has surely changed a lot in the years I commenced taking care of it.

Will had promised me to let me have my own garden at our own soon to be house.Thinking about him made me instantly smile and I felt delightened.

Today I had every right to feel content and forget about every struggle my life has put my way because tomorrow was my wedding with the person I love.It wasn't really common these days to get married with someone who you would choose or love, but my father was being generous enough to let me have this, preferably because my fianceè was the one to pay for the wedding.

Sighing my mind went back to my future husband.William.Again a smile took over my lips only thinking of him.He is so kind hearted and my best friend.I have known him since I was a little girl.I have always known that we will be wed together and be happy.

"Snow, come inside." The voice of my step-mother called me, taking me away from my thoughts."Stop with your pointless day dreams, darling." Her high and sweet voice used to only ridicule me, like many ot other times.

After a longing look towards my garden I went to where she was leaning her elbows on the terrace.Her eyes on me scrutinizing me and judging me.I have given up a long time ago to make her like me, simply because she never would.

She's a beautiful woman, thirty of years and elegant, noble aswell.Her blonde hair was parted in the middle but put in a tight low bun, a little make up was on her fair and nice skin.Her attire was a black dress and she was sipping on a drink.

"Just because you will get married tomorrow doesn't give you the right to wander around doing nothing." her icy blue eyes squinting a little but I wasn't intimidated by it.No doubt because of the five years that I have spent being frightened from her yellings and sometimes beatings.Not something too major but enough to make me feel lonely and scared.

"I apologise, mother." I reply softly.

After today I won't have to hear her scoldings nor will she hurt me in any way.She nodded and pondered on what to say.I straightened my dress ran my hand on the wide skirt to smooth it more.

"What shall I do?" I ask her.

"First you will help me get ready for the ball tonight, then I want you to get ready yourself." she responded hastly.The surprised look on my face didn't leave though, and she did notice but wasn't fazed.

She never took me with her even if she always could.I think the motive behind this was because she is envious that she doesn't have children of her own and couldn't bear any.

"You will take me with you?" I ask bewildered and a little out of breath.

"Yes,my dear." she replied."Prince Harry has invited you aswell." she added.I smiled shyly and nodded.

I remember the prince.When we were younger he used to play with me and Will.Now William is a knight of the kingdom and one of Harry's most trusted friends.

"Oh and before I forget.Go and call your father for dinner and then meet me at my bedroom." she said, turning towards the door.

Leaving a little squeal escape my lips when she left I made my way to my father.