Chapter five

Zayn's POV

The water was cleaning the sins of yesterday, dripping from my skin to the floor.Exhaustion was making itself feel home in my bones, while I tried not to let my thoughts go back to her.I shook my head in a failed attempt to get rid of any memory of our dance.We have only met once, why can't I forget it?

Yesterday I had liquor after liquor and today I have headache after headache.But it helped me when I had a rough day.

After cleaning myself, I wore my armor all set to leave for the castle after breakfast, when one of my servants announced that Harry came here.

I sat down the dinning table, ready to eat my breakfast when Harry quickly sat next to me.

"I was just coming." I say devouring my food slowly, since my headache has gotten worse.

"That's not why I'm here." he explanied."Zayn, yesterday more Irish knights attacked us."

"What? Why was no one sent to tell and get me?" I ask, tossing the bread on the table.

"By the time you would have made it we were taking care of it.We lost some men." he gravily said.

"Who?" I ask frowning.

"William and Scott." he answered.My lips parted.

"But how?" They were good knights I don't understand."And does Lady Monrose know?" I dread to know that for Snow.

"They killed them behind their backs and stabbed them countless times." he explained voice wavering.

"I'm sorry, Harry.I know he was your childhood friend." I said patting his back.

"And Snow knows.She came today, all pale and dishelved wanting to see him.I granted her that wish and she said goodbye to him an hour long.It was heartwrenching to see her weep like that." he whispered."And you should feel sorry for her.She was engaged and now only old men are allowed to marry her." he explained wipping some tears away.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.All the things he just tossed at me weren't making sense and now he says this.

"You know how village people are.Their moral is their everything, besides being modest." he looked up to me sad.

"Village? But I thought Rosalinda is- "

"A baron's daughter? Yes but Snow's father is a simple man, Zayn.And he wants a simple life, that explains why Rosalinda has their surname." he sighed.

"But that doesn't make sense..She's still young and was still not married." I spat angrily.

"I know Zayn.But that's how the village people are." he exclaimed.

"Then do something to help her.Bring her in the castle, anything but don't let an old man get her." I snap.I couldn't understand those rules nor did I want to see her live a life with an old man.

"I can't.If do take her they will think she became mine or something like that.They will probably promise her today to someone." he said agravated."If not by now." he whispered and I cringe.

"We have to leave for the funeral, Zayn." he said after a while.I was lost in thoughts.

"Yes, I know."

+

The funeral was like all the others,honors were given, flowers, some goods for the family.William's parents and sister were there.

Snow was no where to be seen, and I had a feeling that she's suffering where ever she is right now.Not being able to see your loved one lowered down the grave must be devastating.And I know she loved him, the way she looked at him yesterday, how she felt safe and looked better with him by her side.I can only envision what she's going through.And even though I only have known her in a short time I hope her fate will change for the better in the future.