Sound check

A few months later Lovejoy was actually on the road doing gigs all over the place, I didn't go to all of the shows but I was able to go to the show that was happening in New York. I didn't tell Wilbur though so I could surprise him. I rented a car from the airport once I landed and drove to the venue, once I got there I had to awkwardly explain to the worker working at the ticket booth that I knew the band and that you could ask them. The worker did just that and called Wilbur outside.

"Y/n?!" Wilbur exclaimed while he hugged me, I hugged him back and smiled, "Hey, Wil!" I replied happily. The worker then interrupted us, "Alright, you can go in, ma'am." Wilbur's smile great wider as he excitedly tugged me inside. "Look who came to drop by guys!" Wilbur shouted over to everyone else. "Hey, Y/n. Glad you could come." Mark said while we walked over to us. Overall I'd say that I was pretty close to each band member and that I was pretty good friends with all of them. I high fived Mark and then walked over to his drums. "Cool setup you got here, Mark." I stated, Mark then sat down and replied, "Thanks, we're about to do a sound check soon." 

Joe came over and asked, "How was the flight?" I sighed and replied, "I took Spirit to get here." "Oh wow, glad you're alive." He replied with a laugh, I joined in on the laughter and said, "Yeah, Spirit's cheap for a reason." I waved to Ash and he waved back, "Are you going to need help with the vlog, Ash?" I asked while I walked over to him. "Maybe, but could you get some cool shots when we play?" He replied, "Of course, do you guys need help with anything?" Ash looked around at everybody before Wilbur interrupted, "Actually, would you mind getting us some food? I'll pay you back." I laughed a little and replied, "Of course, what do you guys want?" 

Everybody thought for a moment before I broke the silence, "Alright, take a look at what's nearby and have Wil text me the order." Everybody nodded and then pulled out their phones to look for something good to eat. After a moment Wilbur texted me a list of what to order for who. He kissed my cheek and said, "Thank you, love." I smiled at him and then quickly made my way to a nearby McDonald's. Once I got there I quickly pulled out the list of food and ordered it all. I then quickly made my way back with the food.

"I'm back with the food, guys!" I exclaimed while struggling to hold all of it. Wilbur quickly came over and helped me with the food, "Thanks again, love." He said, I kissed his cheek and then walked over to where everybody was standing, "Okay, look through the bags and make sure it's your food before you eat it." I said. Afterwards we all began to dig in and prepared ourselves for the big night ahead of us. 

Once I finished eating Wilbur came over to where I was sitting and sat down beside me, "Nervous?" I asked, he nodded and put his head on mine, "A little." He replied, "It'll be fine. You guys have so many fans that love you guys and your music." I replied. This made Wil calm down a bit and he hugged me, I hugged him back and rubbed his back. Once he pulled away he laughed a little and asked, "You really took Spirit here?" "Yep." I said while laughing as well. He then hugged me again and whispered into my ear, "Sorry about that. Hopefully you have a better flight back." I giggled a little and then kissed him quickly, he kissed me back and then we both pulled away. "Hey Wil! Ready for sound check?" Joe asked. Wilbur then quickly stood up and smiled at me before walking up onto the stage and beginning the sound check.

While the equipment was being checked I was excitedly texting Tommy and Tubbo in discord about the gig tonight. The text wouldn't send though because of my phone trying to connect to the British cell towers that weren't in New York. I put my phone away and watched as Joe began to play the opening to Sex Sells.  Everything was going smoothly and I was actually starting to understand why Wilbur was worried, do many things could go wrong that just weren't in our control. But the night will continue, I honestly couldn't wait for the concert to actually begin.

We were all waiting backstage at this point, we had about 15 minutes until Lovejoy had to get on stage, everybody was anxiously waiting, me included. "You'll be fine, Wil." I said for the millionth time at this point. We were both sitting on the floor nearby an outlet so my phone could charge, he had his head on mine again as he replied, "I know, but still." I placed my hand in his and replied, "It'll be okay." This time I said that more confidently, this seemed to calm Wilbur's nerves a but and he squeezed my hand lightly. I could still see how nervous he was. "10 minutes." One of the employees said, "This is the longest 15 minutes of my life." Wilbur groaned. I laughed a little and hugged him, "I know..." I complained.

Finally, once the time came they went onstage and I went into the front of the crowd to film some stuff for Ash. The crowd was screaming as everybody came on one by one and the excitement rose as they began to play the first song of the night. I looked like a proud mother who just watched her son win the school science fair while I recorded the whole thing. The crowd kept up the excitement and screamed the lyrics back at Wil while he sang, the whole thing was just a huge clump of excitement and an awesome night overall.

Wilbur looked so happy to finally play for the night.