All Fun and Games

y/n

     We must've been in that cafe for nearly three hours when I got a text from Niki, 'Hey, just wanted to see how the move was.' I met Niki through a Jackbox stream she did awhile ago, that's also how I met Jack Manifold, those were the only two I knew who were in the Dream SMP. I quickly responded to Niki, 'Hey, the move was fine. You'll never guess who I'm having brunch with right now. Wilbur Soot.' I looked at Wilbur and put my phone down on the table. "Sorry, that was my friend, Niki." He raised an eyebrow, "Nihachu?" "Yeah." "Come to think of it, I think she's actually mentioned you before to me." I laughed a bit, "All good things hopefully." He chuckled and nodded, "Yes, all good things. Jack was joking around saying that Niki should set us up on a date." I looked at him and laughed a bit. "Yeah, that sounds like Jack Manifold." We laughed for a moment and then I looked at the time. "I should get going, but thank you for meeting up with me... Do you want me to call you Will or Wilbur?" He looked at me, "Wilbur's fine." "Well, I hope we can meet again, Wilbur." I then stood up and started to head out the door. 

     It was still raining pretty hard outside, and since my apartment was only five minutes away I didn't think about bringing a jacket or an umbrella. I stepped foot outside and felt a hand go on my shoulder, I looked behind me to see Wilbur, his dark, curly hair drooping down into his eyes slightly from the rain. "Do you need an umbrella?" I shook my head, "I only live five minutes away, I'll be fine." "No, let me walk you home, just so I know you didn't slip." His insistence was a bit flattering, I nodded and started walking home with Wilbur.

Wilbur

     Niki had been talking about y/n for awhile now, it began when I was playing Stardew Valley with her over a year ago. 

     "Hey Will." We had been playing Stardew Valley for an hour at his point, "Yes?" "I have a friend I want you to meet, she's really nice and I think you'd like her." I adjusted in my seat a bit and fixed my camera angle, "Can she call right now?" "No, she's in America so the time zone difference makes it hard to stream with her." I planted down some seeds into the farm, "What part of America?" "Northeast." "Tell me a bit about her, Niki." Niki then proceeded to tell me about her interests, how they met, and why she thought we'd be good friends. Once the stream ended I couldn't stop thinking about her, Niki sent me a link to y/n's Twitter and I saw a photo she took, she was wearing my merch. I examined the picture and noticed some handmade E-Girl Trilogy posters hanging on her walls in the background. And my thoughts turned into me laying in bed wanting to talk to her. Now here I was, walking home with her, I knew my face was a bit red once I saw her in the cafe, but she didn't seem to notice, at least I hope she didn't.

     Once she stopped walking I looked at her, her sweater was drenched and my hair had drooped down from the rain. "Thanks, Wilbur. You can go home now." I didn't want to leave y/n just yet. I wanted to get to know her a bit more, Niki was right about her being nice. "You sure you don't want to hang out for a bit?" I asked, not wanting to come off as creepy, she shook her head. "No, I have work in the morning. Plus, I'm sure you have errands to run." She then walked inside and shut the door, I stood in the rain for a moment, my thoughts were only about her. I then walked home, smiling the whole walk home.