Chapter 3: New Friend

Start from the beginning

---

I enter my math class, walking to my seat which was in the back. I hate math. I never liked it and the subject itself never liked me. We have calculators and the internet for a reason.

"Okay class, take out your textbook and partner up with the person to your right. " Mr. McNeil's loud voice boomed. "Finish page 253 together and turn it in."

Turning to my right, I realize no one sits next to me. Okay, great!

"What if no ones next to me?" Someone said in front of me.

"Zoe, do you have a partner?" Mr. McNeil said as I shake my head no. "Problem solved, Joe. You two are partners." He said, clapping his hands. "Now get to work! It's due by the end of class."

Joe, my partner, got up, taking the seat next to me. "Hey, I'm Joe."

"Zoe." I introduce myself.

"Okay, cool, so, do you happen to understand any of this?" He asks me sheepishly.

I grimace, "Not really, just... some of it." I answered.

"Okay, well, I understand some of it too, let's see if we can actually do this."

10 minutes left of class and the only thing Joe and I did was talk about anything we could. Okay, so maybe half the conversation was about how much we hated math but hey, I made a new friend.

---

One more hour till lunch. That was the only thing that kept me going.

"Zoe!" Naomi shouts as she runs up to my locker, "ready to go to Chemistry?" she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I didn't question why she was running. Sometimes you just gotta let Naomi be Naomi.

I roll my eyes, "Oh shut up," I laugh knowing exactly what she was thinking. She snickers.

"You're sitting next to a good looking person and his two good looking friends behind you. How can you not be happy?"

"Hmm, maybe because it doesn't matter?" I suggest, raising an eyebrow.

She groans, "Whatever,"

The two of us enter the classroom. "I gotta go talk to the teacher about my grade, I'll talk to you later, yeah?" Naomi tells me as I nod my head.

"Yeah." I head over to my seat, putting my stuff down.

Carson slides into the seat, "So, a little birdie told me you had dinner with the Matthews family."

I quirk an eyebrow, slowly nodding my head. "Um.. yeah, how'd you know?" I say, "Did Sean gossip to you guys?" I tease.

Sean somehow appears next to Carson, butting into the conversation, "I did not gossip, I was simply talking. Wait, I never even told Carson. I told Mason." Sean frowns, looking confused. "Dude, did you stalk me? And get out of my seat."

Carson gasps, getting out of his seat, as he replies. "Hey! And, no, I did not stalk you. I have a life you know. And, why the hell would I want to stalk you? My brother was introducing his girlfriend to us and you guys happened to be there too."

Sean shrugs his shoulders, "I'm still going to go with the fact that you are now stalking me."

Carson sent him a glare, muttering something about a stupid idiot friend.

I chuckle quietly.

---

My eyes skimmed the books on the shelf, looking for a specific book that I could not seem to find.