I'm outside, I brought food.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and my shoulders fell away from my ears. Thank god. I let a smile raise my cheeks as I walked toward the front door, passing the twenty-four-hour front desk man, who offered me a small wave which I returned before pressing open the door and stepping out into the street.

Oscar was standing against his car in athletic shorts and a baggy Mclaren hoodie, holding a bag of takeout. He'd obviously showered because his usual fluffy hair was damp and ruffled up. 

"Sorry, I couldn't do cereal," he said, crossing the street. I laughed.

"I don't blame you," I said, noticing my breathing become a bit quicker as he got closer to the door. "Come on, let's go sit."

Oscar nodded and motioned for me to lead the way. I quickly opened the door and led us through, waving again at the man at the desk. He just smiled and returned to his newspaper, not paying attention, or not recognizing that Oscar Piastri had just walked through the front door. I made it to the stairs and looked back, quickly checking if Oscar was still behind me, thankfully he was. I tried to make checking for him look non-chelant, but it didn't work, he smiled at me. I turned up the stairs again when I felt my face go red before starting up them again. I passed Ange and I's room, Ange was undoubtedly still asleep inside and climbed the last flight of stairs to the rooftop.

"You do realize that this is a lot of stairs for someone who just finished a race right?" Oscar asked from behind me. He wasn't out of breath, but he was climbing the stairs slower than I was.

"Sorry, there's no elevator," I said, genuinely apologetic as I opened the door to the rooftop. The night air welcomed me again and once Oscar was through the door I checked to see if it was going to lock us out before letting it shut. "Here we go, somewhere quiet." There was a bit of awkward silence as we made our way over to a set of lounge chairs adjacent to the door which looked over the tops of a few close buildings.

"Here," Oscar handed me a wrap out of the takeout bag. "Sorry, I don't know if you have any dietary restrictions or anything so it's just a chicken Caesar wrap. I figure everyone likes those."

"Thank you," I said, not realizing how hungry I was until the food was in my hand. I hadn't eaten since three o'clock in the Mclaren hospitality. It was now well after midnight. 

"No problem," he paused, taking a few bites of his food, a wrap also. We ate for a few minutes, Oscar, depleted of all calories from his race, finished his food before I was halfway through mine. "So, how should we do this?" he asked, relaxing back in the chair, and taking a sip of his water bottle.

I sighed, leaning back. "Well, I guess it depends on what we are both comfortable with, we barely know each other." I pointed out. I didn't feel awkward around him at the moment which was a pleasant surprise that made being in each other's company less nerve-wracking.

"So, let's get to know each other." Oscar said, "What's your favourite colour?"

"Wow, asking all the deep questions already, that may be too much," I laughed.

"Out of your comfort zone?" he joked.

I smiled, "Oh definitely."

His smile was wide, matching my own.  "Okay, well, my favourite colour is red."

"I thought you would've said orange."

"I wear lots of orange, and I do look good in orange," I laughed quietly at him, taking another bite of my food. "But I like red, couldn't tell you why."

"Green," I said, finishing up my wrap and chucking the paper back into the takeout bag.

"Why green?" he asked.