19. Nova Scotia And Scotland: Remember Me

Thank you for 200 views! That's insane!

Also, this is pretty sad-

"Athair, I'm scared," a young Nova Scotia cried to her father, "I don't want to live with the Witch, she's mean! And her daughter is awful!"

"I'm sorry, Nova, my little Dove" Scotland sniffed, barely able to hold back his own tears, "We don't have a choice... Besides, France promised me she'd protect you... and if she hurts you, I'll break her wee neck."

"You're scared of her too, aren't you?"

"No... but she's powerful enough to hurt us if we say no to her demands... I want to protect you, you know that, darling. It's for the best..." He really did cry now, falling to his knees in the damp grass, clutching his daughter to his side.

Nova understood that her father was right, really. France was better as an ally than an enemy, but her dad couldn't just give her away to the Witch like this! She told him just as much, and he cascaded into tears one more.

"I-it's not fair, I'm sorry, Nova... I just can't risk her invading you... I don't want you to get hurt..."

"I know..." she sobbed, hugging her father as tightly as she could.

The pair stayed there, simply holding each other for what felt like forever. This was the last time they'd see each other, perhaps forever... Scott's little treasure would be gone in only a few hours... He hoped France would treat her as well as she'd promised him. Even if she did, he didn't know what he'd do without his little Dove, she was his world...

For one last time, he stared into her emerald-green eyes, planting a soft kiss on his daughter's head. Bless her, she was only twelve...

"L'Ecosse! C'est moi! Can I have her now?" France called, marching over to them and grabbing Nova Scotia by the arm and dragging her away from her father.

"A-Athair," Nova sniffed, "promise you'll remember me..."

"O-of course Dove, for ever and ever," Scott smiled back to her through his gushing tears, his heart shattering into a million irreparable fragments as he watched the only person he'd ever loved be pulled away from him forever. "I'll always love you, Nova..."

"L-love you too, Athair"

And then she was gone from his side forevermore.