10. No Daughter Of Mine

Start from the beginning

"Diamond that's none of our concern and drop it." I said looking at her.

"But ma-

"I said drop it."

"Fine." She said sitting down in front of me.

"So what we're you saying?" I asked.

"I found an assistant." She said smiling and showing my her phone.

I grabbed it. "She's cute and she looks a little familiar to. Tell me about her."

"Well she's from Miami but was born in California. She graduated from high school at 17 and studied abroad in Tokyo." She said.

"She sounds interesting." I said.

Diamond smiled. "And did you know her and her husband got married a year after meeting each other and still are together."

"Well that's love for you. She got any kids?"

"Unfortunately no, 3 miscarriages."

"That's awful." I said shaking my head.

"You know after a while you give up but I know she'll love London." Diamond said.

"Have you told your father?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"Now diamond you know her father evaluates everything / everyone that comes into this fam-

"Mama I know." She said cutting me off. "I just wanted her to settled I mean she just got here."

"Well the charity event is Next Saturday. So expect her to be there." I said looking at her.

"Yes ma'am. I will inform her." She said.

"So Ive been meaning to talk to you but with your brother I've had my hands full."

"Ma, that's your son. Yet Alice is wrong , I said I was gonna pay her a visit but can't seem to find her location."

"No let her come to us." I said crossing my arms.

"Mama I d-

"I know what I'm doing but that's not what I need to talk to you about. What's going on with you and Carter?"

She looked shocked. "Nothing why do you ask?"

"Diamond don't lie to me."

"I'm not mama."

"So why hasn't he been staying home?"

"How I di- I'm gonna kill Bruce!"

I sighed. "Baby what's going on?"

"Mama it's nothing we're fine." She said.

"Lie again girl."

She looked at me because all my children know I don't play when it comes to the truth.

"We're getting a divorce."