3. She's Gone

I watched as they closed the casket that held my mama's body and I couldn't do anything but think why? How?

My mom was one of the most care free women there was. She sweet , caring, and compassionate. Who would want to take that away I couldn't figure that out for the life of me.

"B you good?" My sister Megan asked as I walked back to the car.

"Yes I'm ok. What about you?" I asked her.

She sighed. "I just don't understand. Why?"

I just stared deeply at my little sister. She reminds me so much of my mom it's uncanny. She was definitely close to her.

"Babygirl." Germaine said walking up and hugging me.

My husband. The person so has been with me through this entire transition. Without him idk where I would be.

"Hey baby." I said smiling at him.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yes, just gotta wrap my head around everything." I said and looked at Megan.

"You sure you good?"

"B , I'm Ight. You on the other hand need rest."

"No I don't."

Her and Germaine both looked at me. Ever since she has passed I haven't been sleeping or eating.

So maybe their right but sleep is the last thing on my mind.

"Guys I'm ok-

"Mrs. Collin Casey ?"

A voice from behind us said and we all turned to see a tall built man in his mid 30's.

"Which one are you referring to?" Megan asked crossing her arms.

"Mrs. Blair Collin Casey." He said looking at a file in his hands.

"What is it that you want with her?" Germaine asked stepping in front of me.

The guy smirked. "Ms. Collins could we?"

He gestured to speak to me in private.

"I think my brother - n- law asked you a question." Megan said stepping to him. "Whatever you gotta say to my sister, you can say it right here."

Even tho I'm the big sister. Megan has always been overprotective of me.

"Private investigator Harvey lee. Your sister wrote me about your mother's case and now I'm here." He said looking at her.

I stepped from behind Germaine in shock.

"I didn't think you would take the case." I said.

"Once my assistant read me your file i knew you had a solid case. I wanna help." He said.

I sighed in relief.

"B wtf is going on?" Megan asked confused.

"Let's not do this here."