5. Im Gonna Do It

Chance !

The Next Day !

"Mr. harris I can assure you we will everything ready for you guys departure before the end of the week." Kelly said over the phone.

I smiled . "Great , is everything in order for the church?"

"Yes, but I will need to know who will be over everything while you guys are away." She said.

"Well if you up for it. You."

"Oh Mr. Harris, I couldn't-

"I don't think it was a request."

She stayed silence before speaking again.

"It's just it's a big task and I don't really know the ropes." She said.

"It's pretty easy Kelly. You have been around for a long time you got it."

"Yes sir. She said. "Is there anything else you need?"

I got up from my desk in my home office. "Yes I need you to look in finding Diamond a personal assistant."

"On it. Oh and Mr. Wallace called yesterday said he needed to speak with you." She said.

"Could you let me know I'll he giving me a call." I said. "Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

And with that she hung up. It ain't easy running a church. Lord thank god for this mini vacation we are taking. Gotta reboot a lil.

"I hope you not planning my surprise party." My wife Lauren said walking into the office.

My wife. Me and her have been at this thing since high school and I wouldn't wanna do this with anyone else. She's my rock , I don't know what I'd do without her.

I smiled and went kiss her. "Next this year, I've got something better."

"Great, cause you know I hate big parties. I hate people." She said sitting down.

I followed behind her. "Babydoll where we going is private and intimate, just family."

"Just like I like it." She said smiling. "Was that Kelly?"

"Yes , she was getting everything arranged for your birthday and I told her to find Diamond a personal assistant." I said opening my computer to send some files out.

"Now you know Diamond is stubborn she's not going for no assistant." Lauren said crossing her legs.

"She not gonna have a choice, she's got a lot on her plate and her lack of attention is jeopardizing the church." I said looking at her.

She sat up slowly. "The church?"

I sighed because I already knew how this was about to go.

"The church almost got robbed the other night and Diamond was in charge of lock up." I said.

"Chance!" She yelled standing up. "And you didn't think to tell me?"