Palace walls

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Four."

"One."

"Two."

"Tw- fuck!" Mingi swore his guts out. The omega stomped around, letting all sorts of phrases fall from his mouth, half of them being a first for the people around him.

The guards exchanged looks, eyes wide open.

Hongjoong pressed two fingers on his nose bridge with a sigh while Yeosang was busy looking around and Wooyoung was dying from laughter two feet away.

"I want a re-match!" the tall male towered over Wooyoung threateningly.

It only made the other omega laugh louder, his high pitched laughter disappearing in the glass around them.

Yeosang was admiring the see-through tunnel, which led straight to the big gates of the palace and wrapped around the castle like a dome.

The wind outside was howling in agony and throwing snow against the shield.

Mingi was about to wrap his hands around Wooyoung's throat when he froze.

The sound of the gates opening hadn't registered in his mind, but a spiked scent of pine trees did.

It left him unmoving with hands outstretched towards the omega's neck.

He saw Wooyoung's brown eyes warily staring at something past his shoulder. He knew it was a certain someone.

"I will have to ask you not to make a ruckus in front of the palace as well as to refrain from strangling one of your companions. You are all equal guests to his majesty, Prince Jongho and he would not be pleased hearing the news of one of his guests fainting due to lack of air."

"Who said anything about fainting?" Yeosang focused his attention on the captain of the royal guards.

"Yeah, he would have blatantly choked me to death! Thank the moon that you have come to my aid!" Wooyoung dramatically gasped for air, using the chance to disappear behind the male's frame.

Mingi glared at Yunho's chest, trying to burn holes through his skin so he could reach his friend.

Yunho cleared his throat, making the omega realize that staring at the other's body did not burn holes but instead looked like he was undressing him with his eyes.

Hongjoong put a hand on Mingi's shoulder.

"Go on. You lost the game."

"Not a fair one." he murmured, eyes fixated on the ground.

"When have we ever played fairly?" Yeosang sighed deep in thoughts, genuine wonder in his voice.

Mingi took a quick glance at the alphas face before dropping it down again.

"Hello. We have come per his highness request. Here are the invitations." the tall man fished four sheets of paper from his duffle bag, giving it to one of the guards stationed by the gate.

"Thank you for bringing the second invite to me, mr. Jeong. It would be my honor to accept it." Hongjoong softly smiled at the captain.

"It's our honor to have such a talent among us, your grace." Yunho answered, his stare not leaving the letters for a single second.

"So you really chose money over fun, huh." Wooyoung said, poking his head out of Yunho's shadow.

"I only chose to sing a song for a ball, you make it sound like I sold my country." Hongjoong deadpanned.