Morning like no other

Navy blue ceiling stared back when Hongjoong opened his eyes for the first time. His eyelids fluttered a few times before he stretched under the covers. His right arm hit the nightstand so he put it back under the warm blanket.

The only problem so early in the morning was that the ceiling in the hotel was in light sand color, his nightstand was on the left side of the bed and the more he woke up, the stronger the scent of cinnamon became.

Hongjoong noticed the blanket shifting.

"You're up early."

His beta beamed at the deep morning voice that came from the still half asleep man next to him.

"I guess I am..."

A naked arm, bigger than his paws will ever be, lied down on his stomach and gently started pulling him closer.

"Then let people, who don't usually get up at this bloody hour, rest some more."

Hongjoong wasn't sure which part of him letting Seonghwa sleep longer included being pressed head first against the mans bare chest, but he didn't complain.

It was a firm chest after all.

He listened to how the Archduke's breathing became quiet and calm.

Good news was, he was in some sort of pajamas, twice his size but clothed. The alpha had his lower body in clothes too and it calmed betas beating heart.

Hongjoong could recall bits of yesterday yet the majority stayed hidden deep inside his brain.

He sighed loudly, his breath fanning over Seonghwa's skin.

The weight of a chin lifted from his head and got replaced with fingers running along his locks.

The blatant purr that echoed in the bedroom was heard loud and clear by both of them.

Hongjoong couldn't help the warm feeling from pooling inside his belly and Seonghwa didn't stop his fingers, eliciting more pleased noises from the smaller.

He had moved to heaven overnight.

"I guess it's time to wake up."

A small growl escaped Hongjoong's throat before he could take it and bury it deep inside of him.

The beta felt the growl in others chest more than he heard it, shrinking smaller.

He was no match for the alpha when it came to displaying one's dominance.

"Don't get scared now. Your wolf asked for this."

Hongjoong felt his inner traitor wagging its tail, satisfied with the dominant nature of the other and feeling of protection that came with it.

"I know." he mumbled in his chest.

Seonghwa's chin rested on his head again.

"Ten more minutes, alright?" he asked, arms loosely around Hongjoong.

"Alright." he agreed, taking in the smell of cinnamon and blackberries as much as he could.

It didn't make him drowsy as an omega would feel, but he still enjoyed lying in the scent. It tempted him like no other wolf's scent had ever done it before.

Twenty minutes passed until they both got up from the mattress.

Seonghwa silently gave Hongjoong his red shirt, black slacks, blazer and shoes from yesterday.

"How did we end up here?" the beta asked the alphas broad back, when he faced the window out of politeness.

"You actually fell asleep while I talked. I had just glanced at the window." he chuckled.