Late night drinks

Urgent steps shuffled on the wine red carpet, which flowed ahead like a gigantic serpent. The cloth hid all of the ancient history underneath, hushed words etched deep inside the snow white and apple red marble structure holding the castle in one piece.

Though, all the peaceful silence in honor of the place's past was soon forgotten as an echo of harsh fist banging on wooden doors filled the quiet floor.

"Law protectors from the department of good looks, open up!"

Doors gave in to the pounding. A small gap appeared and it was all the young male needed to squeeze his slim body inside.

"Oh, it's you. I told you there was nothing to worry about." a blond male said, closing the doors shut after the two rather extravagant guests.

The second sentence made an annoyed snort come out of another male.

"He stood for a minute and seriously contemplated if there was such a department."

"When will a day come, when you won't fall for Wooyoung's tricks, Mingi?" one of the newcomers turned to lock eyes with the tall man.

"Oh, shut it, both of you and Wooyoung, calm your scent, it's getting everywhere." Mingi waved his hands around like it would somehow get rid of the thick, excited layer of caramel scent, that hugged all the studies books in a sweet aroma.

"Sorry, too exhilarated." the omega by the name of Wooyoung was sprinting around the bookshelves.

"Hope he stabs his toe on the table or something..." Mingi lowly grumbled to himself, yet the remark made the two others let out soft chuckles.

The tall male turned back to his old book, flipping back to the needed page. The blonde has returned to his book by the chaise lounge, leaving the fourth man to stand with his back pressed against the door.

"Actually we came to get you two to the masquerade. We can't exactly leave two of our best party animals sitting in this dusty study all night, can we?"

"Hey!"

"Hongjoong's right about the tidiness of your lair, about other things...not so much." the blonde said.

"At least Yeosang has already changed, but look at you! Will you appear on the grand staircase like a witch in all black?" Wooyoung emerged from the furthest corner of the room.

"Black accents his chest." Yeosang mentioned in almost a dreamy tone with the intention to annoy the said male, but it only made Hongjoong hold back a gag by the door.

"And naked accents your butt, but we aren't going to talk about that."

Yeosang flashed Wooyoung a wide grin and closed his book.

"I better assist you with clothes than help one of them win an award for the best looking bottom. At the end of the day, they both are asses." Hongjoong straightened and followed Mingi through another door on the right, which led straight to the male's chambers.

The door didn't fall closed fully, so the two friends bickering could be heard pretty well in the dark room.

"What should I wear? Any suggestions?" Mingi opened one of his drawers, turning his back to the other.

"Hmm..."

The male could practically feel the other's eye roll.

"Any suggestions, oh, great fashion guru? Majestic fashionista? Royal highness of all clothes?"

"Lower your voice, we wouldn't want our king to hear you below us." Hongjoong said.

"When did the ball start?" Mingi asked, rummaging through his owned pieces of fabric.