"Kid told us to settle in the nearest area for a picnic. I'm guessing Kid didn't tell you he's concern about your energy to climb up hill." Killer said.

"Huh? But that was the punishment, climbing the top."

"Hmm, maybe we can ask him again later." Killer said.

"How's the drive?" Heat asked.

"Urgh, your brother here keeps nagging like a literal kid." You rolled your eyes while making sure that Kid hears you.

"Cuz you drive like a snail" Kid muttered behind you.

"Whatever." you said but you were smiling. Because he was behind you, Wire thought it was a good opportunity to push Kid. He wasn't able to support himself because it was unexpected and he was holding plastic bags on both hands so his chest ended leaning on you with his weight. Good thing you were able to keep your balance while your hands instinctively when behind to hold him firm before he falls. When you turned to Kid, was glaring at Wire while mouthing something you didn't understand.

"Kid, will you be careful? You're holding plastic bags." You reminded him.

"Wire just pushed me." He said.

"Woops, sorry. Didn't see you there." Wire smirked. As for Heat and Killer, they knew it was intentional but just whistled and turned a blind eye on it.

---

The lunch was great and all. This is the first time you had a peaceful bond with Kid and his brothers. Actually, this is the first NICEST hangout you had with your husband. You wonder if this is really his punishment or he's planning an unexpected punishment for you afterwards.

Kid's phone rang and went a bit far to talk to whoever called.

"So, you asked Kid to invite me in your lunch date?" You asked the brothers while Kid is busy.

"No, to be honest, he invited us to join the two of you." Heat himself is enough for you to believe his words. There is something in him that tells he wouldn't lie.

"Give Kid some time to fix his attitude, y/n. I know he's an ass but I think he's trying." Killer said with a warm smile.

"It has not been a year yet, it's not easy for everyone to change personalities overnight." Wire said. You can't feel his usual cold aura like before and he's a little more open to you today.

All eyes watches Kid talking to his phone. His voice raised in irritation over something that was said to him through the phone call. To everyone, a raging Kid looks normal already and you also have gotten used to it.

"It's been few months since we've been married, I admit I have flaws too but I'm trying to adjust too. " Your voice is filled with hopelessness.

"We know how complicated the situation is but try to understand him a bit more. He's not used to being soft around others." Wire defended.

"We'll make sure to reprimand him if needed." Killer said.

"I hope you won't get tired of him." Says Heat.

You smiled, not removing your gaze on Kid. After his call, he started walking back as you averted your eyes on the table.

"As long as he remains loyal to our written agreement, there's no reason for me to be tired of your sass brother."

'If...he's loyal.'

---

The drive home fell into a mutual silence. As usual, Kid drove faster like a mad racer but somehow, you felt safe.