Chapter 18

An hour passed before Sage stirred again. This time when she woke up, she knew exactly what had happened. It was like it all came back to her the moment she opened her eyes, from Sky and Riven admitting to being her soulmates to the body she found after leaving her soulmates to think for a while. 'Soulmates...' 

It took Sage a full minute to process that thought before she abruptly sat up on the bed and pulled up the sleeve of her jumper, only to find two names that looked to be tattooed onto her skin in simple cursive writing she could read both Sky and Riven's full names. She couldn't believe it; before coming here, Sage thought that she'd be alone forever, given how much of a freak she was to the people back in the Firstworld. 

Tears welled up in her eyes at the thought of the horrible people in the Firstworld who use to make fun of her for being adopted and for all of the strange occurrences happening around her -- which she couldn't explain at the time. Sage didn't shed a tear though, having had enough of all of the crying she'd done as of late. Instead, she closed her eyes and took a deep shakey breath. 

                                                                                 In.... out....

Upon opening her eyes, she looked around the room to survey her environment before noticing two boys watching her every move from the bed next to her.  

"Hi..." she whispered, voice cracking as she weakly smiled. 

"Hey..." said Sky, equally as quiet as Sage in the hopes of not startling her too much. 

"Do you need anything? Do you want to shower or something?" Riven, realising what that could imply, eyes widened before stammering out an explanation, "I-I-I just mean that when I'm upset I find that showers clear my mind and help me feel a bit better. I mean you can always go back to your dorm to shower if you wanted to, really, we don't mind! Of course, we'd have to stay near the dorm or come back within a few hours so that you don't end up in pain or anything like that..." realising how much he rambled on, Riven quickly stopped talking, cheeks slightly turning red. 

During his rant of trying to justify why he questioned if Sage wanted to shower, the girl in question began to smile. "Thanks, Riven, a shower sounds nice. Is it alright if  I take one here? I don't really feel like going back and facing all the questions from the girls just yet of where I've been." Sage said softly. 

"Course darling, whatever you need," 

"Love, do you want some of our clothes? I can't imagine yours are very comfortable at the moment," asked Sky, worry ever present on his face. 

Sage, realising how stiff her jeans have become from sleeping in them, nodded, a slight blush covering her face. With the confirmation, the two boys sprung into action, Riven went into the bathroom to pull together towels and shower mats, while turning on the shower before showing Sage how the water pressure and temperature can be changed. While Riven was explaining, Sky got together a pile of clothes belonging to both him and Riven so that Sage could pick out what she wanted when she was done with her shower. 

Putting down all of the stuff on the countertop, both Riven and Sky stepped out of the bathroom, with Sky saying, "okay love, we're gonna go get you something to eat while you shower, so you can have a bit of peace. We'll be back within the hour." 

"Is that okay with you darling?" 

Sage nodded and hummed in agreement, hunger starting to settle in from not really eating the entire day. 

With that, the two boys left. 

Sage got into the shower and sighed in relief. Without fail, water always made her feel better -- probably because she was part water fairy, she realised. Sniffing at the two body washes, she could distinguish which belonged to which boy. Inhaling the scents made her feel even more relaxed -- 'probably something to do with the whole soulmate thing...' she concurred. Shrugging off the whole soulmate thought, she took her time in the shower, washing her hair and all, given that she was on a forest floor for part of the day. 

When she got out of the shower, she observed the different clothes that Sky left in the bathroom, deciding on a t-shirt and sweatpants (which she had to roll up on her hips a few times) that smelt like Riven and a hoodie that smelt like Sky. Happy and content about the warmth surrounding her, she left the bathroom, feet pattering along the tile into wooden floors as she entered the bedroom. Looking around the room, she eyed a book. Noticing that for the first time since she got her powers, she was utterly at peace with no single emotion that wasn't hers. Sage decided to take advantage of it and read in peace -- something she hadn't done since she was five. 

---------- 

Hi! I hope you guys enjoyed this part. I feel like Sage deserved some peace after all she's been through. 

Remember, don't be a silent reader!

Hannah