Chapter 2

"Think of Alfea as your new home. I'm sure it must be overwhelming, an entirely new world." said a wise woman by the name of Farrah Dowling. "And yet I saw no less than three people updating their Insta stories." replied Bloom, while Sage added on with a grin on her face, "I was half-expecting a school full of Tinkerbells zipping around." 

"Disappointed?" Questioned Dowling. "Just kinda bummed I didn't see a single pair of wings," replied Sage. "Hm. Well, we had wings in the past." "As we've evolved, transformation magic has been lost." 

"Also, Tink was an air fairy." " You Bloom are a fire fairy, while Sage is an Earth, Mind and Water Fairy." "Yeah, that much we know," replied Bloom; Sage nodded in agreement. 

"So, when do we start?" questioned Bloom. "Classes begin tomorrow. You'll start with the basics. Learn to use your magic slowly but safely." replied Dowling. 

"When you say... slowly..." 

"I mean it." "Magic can be dangerous, as you well know. Our curriculum is designed with that in mind. Trust the process." "The very slow process" cuts in Sage. 

Next, there is a knock on the door, "Farrah?" asks a man walking in, "sorry for being late, I had to help some of the first years. Honestly, they're like goldfish wandering around in circles" he proceeds to say. 

"Never mind that," says Dowling. "Now girls, this is Headmaster Saul Silva. He is the Headmaster of the Specialist." 

"What exactly are Specialists?" questioned Sage.

"Specialists at Alfea are warriors-in-training, tasked to protect the school and the Otherworld as a whole in times of war and conflict. They are the first line of defence between the realm and those who wish to destroy it." Explains Silva. "I train them in weaponry and combat." At this statement, Sage's eyes lit up. 

While looking directly into Headmaster Silva's eyes, Sage asks, "Can I join? I mean, I know I'm not a Specialist by any means, but I'd love to be able to train again! I used to do martial arts, boxing, and weaponry work. I'd love to work with the Specialists or even use the facilities. I wouldn't be a bother! Promise!" 

Silva looked at the girl, wonder in his eyes. She reminded him of his younger self, eager to train. "I don't see an issue in that; if it's alright with Headmistress Dowling, you can join the second years, in the hopes that it doesn't crash with your schedule" he looked over to Dowling; she agreed, finding no issues. 

"Thank you! So much. It really means a lot to me. Ya know, bringing a sense of familiarity to Alfea to me." Sage says eyes glittering with hope. 

"Well then, it's settled. Come find me at the training grounds two hours from now, wear appropriate clothing, later I'll have a Specialist kit for you." With that, Headmaster Silva proceeds to leave, muttering about different techniques he would go over with the first years. 

"Well, since that's sorted, let's move on to an important topic that you both should know about. Soulmates," says Dowling, becoming more serious. Bloom and Sage send questioning glances at each other. "In the Otherworld, soulmates are common. When you both meet your soulmates, you will know instantly; there's an immediate connection that you feel with them. Although rare, a person can have two soulmates." "After you meet them, your name and theirs will be magically tattooed onto your arm to symbolise that you belong to each other." Dowling takes a breath, waiting for a response. The two sisters look at each other in shock, each completely gobsmacked.