Chapter 12

Trigger Warning ⚠️ 

----------------------------------

Sage, through her sobbing, managed to say, "I killed a man a year ago..."

The two boys exchanged a look. They didn't know what to say, what to do. So they just waited, they waited for an explanation for why she killed someone. "Darling, we can't help in any way until you calm down a bit and try to explain how you killed someone," said Riven, without much understanding of what to do to comfort his soulmate. So a few more minutes pass of Sky and Riven comforting her before she could gather the courage to explain how she killed a man. 

"It was before I knew what my powers were, before Dowling, before finding out everything about this place." Sage started. Pausing to take a breath, she started to explain what had happened. 

"I was at the beach, in the ocean -- I always loved the ocean, never knew why -- it just spoke to me. I suppose I know now why I was so partial to it, seeing as though I'm part water fairy and all. Anyways, I was in the ocean, minding my own business -- just enjoying the water, you know, having fun, swimming..." The two boys exchanged a look, both having a fair idea where this was heading. 

"Someone grabbed me from behind. I quickly turned around, seeing a much larger man than me. I put some distance between us and asked him what he was doing and why he grabbed me; he didn't answer me -- instead, he grabbed my arm, with a creepy smile on his face, and pulled me closer. Unfortunately, there was no one around to help me. I struggled for a bit; I forgot all of the fight training I had in my brain. I froze up for a minute." Sage took a breath, trying to calm down her breathing. Riven and Sky shared a look, each boy getting increasingly angrier by the second at the thought of someone other than them touching their soulmate -- especially when she didn't want them to.  

"When he started to pull at the strings of my swimsuit, something in me snapped. I realised what was about to happen." Tears started streaming down Sages' face again as she continued to tell her two soulmates what had happened to her. 

"Suddenly, I could move; I could think clearly. Only one thought came to mind; get this bastard away from me. So I started kicking, punching, hitting, doing anything that would cause any damage to him. Eventually, he let go after I shoved him under the water." "It was at that point that my heart was racing, the adrenaline thriving through my body and mind. It was like a light switch, and my powers just turned on -- full force. The water was angry. It was furious. It was like it knew what the man was trying to do and was attacking him." "The water just kept him under, he struggled -- a lot -- then it was calm like nothing was ever wrong."

"The strange, horrible man was dead." 

"It was only later when I realised it was me who killed him." 

"I killed someone, like a monster."