Chapter Twenty Four : I like hearing your voice

"Just give me one more chance to prove that our romance will last through the years."

24) I like hearing your voice

A black suitcase was found in the middle of a local park. A kid had found it and upon bringing their parents to it the police were called in fear that it might have been a bomb.

Police officers surrounded the suitcase, careful not to set it off. A slim plastic tape kept anyone from coming any closer. Stephen Strange's car screeched to a halt and the man strolled out in his uniform. He marched confidently to an inspector who gave him a pair of gloves.

A tall muscular policeman started to walk beside him. "The suitcase has been here for a while, but it was just now found." Steve Rogers spoke, "No one has gone near it, the bomb squad won't get here until later."

"It's not a bomb." Stephen responded confidently, "How much do you bet it's a person." It wasn't more of a question but a statement, to which Steve didn't respond. "How's (Y/n)  by the way."

Steve looked at him with furrowed brows, confused as to how he knew you. "Yeah, she's good, I think."

"Bucky?"

"Still unresponsive." Steve glanced away, back to the suitcase. "So you think it's a person? A human being?" Rogers paused his movement as Stephen grew closer to the suitcase. "It's too dangerous to know for sure you should wait for the bomb squad to get here-" He was cut off by Stephen unzipping the suitcase.

A teenage boy fell out onto Stephen's feet and everyone grew silent before Stephen kneeled down to check for a pulse. "Someone get a medic here!" He yelled when he felt a heartbeat, pulling the kid away from the suitcase and beginning compressions.

Steve Rogers ran to them yelling out for others to get help as soon as possible.

"He's breathing but it's slow." Stephen informed, sliding his hands onto the kids chest realizing it felt papery. Stephen pulled the boy's shirt up to reveal a file taped to his body.

"What the hell." Steve keened and Stephen looked at him then back to the medics running their way.

"Take over." Strange stood up and walked to the suitcase checking the pockets. In the smallest compartment there was a computer drive with a small note in cursive writing and a bloody fingerprint. In the other pocket a wallet with two identification cards.

"Is that..." Steve began,

Strange looked at the two cards, Elizabeth Allen, and Peter Parker. Stephen looked back to Steve with the drive and paper held in his hand. He threw the two cards to Steve. "I need to call someone." He stood up quickly but not before turning back, "Get Mr.Parker under police protection, I have a feeling this doesn't end here."

~

Peter Parker was sent instantly to the hospital and the files on his body were confiscated along with the suitcase.

Police officers surrounded his hospital room.

May Parker sat next to him holding his hand with hers, the chart in front of his bed hung and the paper read that he had passed out because of sever stress.

A couple rooms down from where Peter Parker slept, Bucky Barnes slept too, accompanied by Natasha and Sam inside.

"It's been three days, almost a week!"

Natasha didn't give a peace of mind to Sam and she busied herself in texting Steve. "Steve says the officer went to (Y/n)'s house."

"And?"