Part 7

Monique's POV

We walk into the hidden restaurant, everything was dark, the only light was from the candles that were covering the walls. I cannot even image how many candles they must go through every night. Brad's fingers tighten in mine, and I look at him with a smile.

"This is breath taking" I say as I look around me.

"You are breath taking" he says, and I turn my head to him and smile as I bite my lip.

"Do you have a reservation?" a waitress asked, I look over at the waitress whose eyes were clued on Brad.

"Yes, under Bradley" he says and pulls me into his side. The waitress looks at the list and grabs two menus.

"This way" she says and leads us to our tables. As we get to our table in the back corner of the restaurant, taking our seats the waitress places the menus in front of us.

"Can I get you drinks to start?" she says, her eyes only on Brad, never looking at me and I just roll my eyes.

"Two black barrels, neat" he says, and she looks at him a little confused.

"That is black barrel Jameson.... Whiskey" he explains and looks at me as the waitress walks off.

"So, tell me about your family" Brad says with a soft smile. Watching the light from the candles flicker against his skin had my core aching and a weird need to mark my territory.

"Well as you know, I have a twin brother, Drew. He is two minutes older though we have different birthdays" I say and look up as I hear Brad's voice.

"How?" Brad asks confused. I smile and lick my lips and a soft groan leaves his lips.

"Drew was born at 11:59pm on 23rd January and I was born at 12:01am on 24th January" I explain, and I see a soft smile on his lips.

"My mum moved back to Italy about five years ago, after my dad passed away" I say softly.

"I'm sorry about your dad" Brad says as he reaches his hand forward, I place my hand in his and a warm feeling spread over my body.

"What about your family?" I ask softly, looking up as the waitress places our drinks in front of us and walks off. I could see pain in Brad's eyes as he reaches for his drink and takes a sip.

"I was put into the foster system when I was five, do not remember anything before that. I ran away from my foster home when I was seventeen and ended up in Boston and made a life there" he explains, and I smile at what this man has accomplished considering what he was dealt. I always heard that the foster system was hard for young kids, and it was not always fair or safe.

"I am sorry, Brad" I say softly.

"Don't be, it's made me who I am today, and I quite like how my life has turned out" he says and lifts our hands and kisses the top of mine before he puts our hands back on the table again.

"I know you are in the city for work, what do you do for work?" Brad asks as he leaned forward, I could see in his eyes that he was interested in getting to know me.

"Here, I am doing accounting for a law firm, they have had some glitches and I am like the clean-up lady. Its crunching numbers all day, doing a little coding and working out what went wrong and where." I explain and Brad nods his head, a little confusion in his eyes.

"What do you do for work?" I ask just as the waitress comes over.

"Are you ready to order?" she asks, looking at Brad. Brad shakes his head.

"I am sorry we haven't even looked at the menu, can you give us a few more minutes" he explains, and the waitress nods her head and walks off.

"I own a car workshop, doing body work for cars and motorbikes. I specialize in vintage cars, which is why I am here." Brad explains before he lets go of my hand and looks at the menu.