The Twisted End

An end is always just a new beginning and a new adventure. Nothing can be called ' The End', not unless you are dead. But Cole Brookstone, former Master of Earth, Yin of Vania, and father of Lilly, was certainly not dead, yet.

After a few more weeks of recovery, Cole's wounds and bruises were now fully healed, and he could also walk properly nowadays. It has now been seven months since anybody had seen Herod, but people are reporting through the news that he is still stuck in prison.

Today, Cole, Vania, and Lilly were in Ninjago City to visit Lou, since the little fight that had happened Cole promised his father that they would come to his house every week, only if possible.

"How about that," said Lou, as he heard all of Cole and Vania's stories about royalty. "I don't know how you two do it, while taking care of a newborn daughter."

"LIlly's turning eight months next week," said Vania, with a wide smile. "And she has been babbling a lot lately. I have a feeling that she'll be talking anytime soon."

"She sure will," smiled Cole. "I wonder what's her first word. I hope it's Dada."

Lilly was in her grandfather's arms, and she was giggling watching her parents wonder about what her first word will be.

"Dada," said Lilly, after she giggled.

Everyone, Cole, Vania, and Lou, looked at Lilly, surprised. She had talked for the first time!

"I told you she'd say Dada!" exclaimed Cole, patting Lilly's head, gently.

"Lilly, can you say Mama this time?" asked Vania.

Lilly just smiled as grabbed one of her toys from the table, and began to play with it.

"Dada," she said again.

"I don't think today's the day for her to say Mama yet," said Cole. "But for sure she'll say it soon. Just maybe not today."

"By the way, what time will you have to go back to Shintaro?" asked Lou. "So that I know the time to begin dinner."

"We'll probably in about ten minutes," said Cole. "Lilly needs to be fed soon."

They talked more for the last ten minutes until Cole and Vania bid their farewell with Lou and went back to their black car.

"On the way back to Shintaro," said Cole, as the car began to start. "I still can't believe that Lilly will be eight months old in a week. It just seems like yesterday when you gave birth to her."

"I know," said Vania, remembering the precious day when she first held Lilly in her arms. "And now she's babbling and saying Dada."

As the car landed back in Shintaro's palace, all of the Shintarian guards told Cole and Vania about what happened while they were gone for a short while.

"Okay, we'll get all those things sorted once Lilly is fed," said Vania. "And quickly."

"Why don't you begin the job, while I feed and change Lilly's diaper?" suggested Cole.

"If you say so," said Vania. "I'll be fast!"

"This day is not going as I planned it to be," muttered Cole to himself. "But, what do I expect? And you're talking to yourself again, Cole."

After the feeding, Cole helped Vania finish up the report and sent it to the Ministry, for it to be tried and tested, to be made into a real announcement for everyone to apply on themselves.

Both Cole and Vania were so busy that they forgot that the next day, it would be their anniversary when they got married. So many projects were left for approval, and it was quite a tiring day, when both of them finally got into bed.

The next day, the King and Queen's wedding anniversary, Vania was awoken by the same alarm, but Cole was not there beside her.

Although there were balloons inside their bedroom, white, blue, and gold streamers also filled the corners of the walls.

Vania scratched her eyes, sat down on the bed, and she was surprised when she saw Cole sitting there in front of her, along with some flowers in his hand, and Lilly who was drinking milk from her bottle.

"Good morning," said Vania, sleepily.

"Morning," said Cole. "And happy anniversary!"

"Oh, yeah," chuckled Vania. "What was I doing while you were putting everything up on the walls?"

"You were peacefully and happily asleep on the bed," said Cole. "And I didn't do all of these myself. I had some help. A magical help." he added, with a wink.

"Let me guess, from Fungus?"

"And all of the other Upply," he said. "Anyways, there's also another surprise for you in the dining room."

"I'll just get washed and dressed first," yawned Vania.

"Okay, I'll wait here," said Cole, smiling. "And so will Lilly."

While Vania was in the shower, getting ready for the day, Cole closed his eyes, and thought of everything that happened in his life.

Sure, there were some scars, both physically and mentally, but no one lives without getting hurt. The only way to learn is to make mistakes. He remembered from the moment his mother had passed, to what was happening right now at this very moment. Cole was happy, satisfied, and loved the life that he was living. He had a loving and beautiful wife, an amazing daughter, a father who was not ashamed of his path, and friends who were always there.

'Our abilities, we will forget them over time and become way too old to use them, but the love of our neighbours and friends, they will last forever in our hearts and minds. Even if we tend to forget them. Everything has a way of coming back, sometimes in a very unexpected way.'

However, this was not the end of Cole's life. A new horizon will soon meet with him, his friends, and family.

"They will all see!"

Author's Note:

This book is ended, but a new one will show more about this 'new horizon' that the Ninja will face. It's the sequel to this book.

I chose to finish this thing today, because I knew that tomorrow, Friday, and the weekends will be filled with plans that I have with family.

And I'm sorry if the end isn't what some people expected, but this is the best that a person with ADHD, Attention  Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, can write.