Parenthood

It was one thirty in the morning, sleep was happily drifting upon everyone in the palace. Everyone was happy and asleep, until a loud screeching cry filled the entire castle. Alerting Cole and Vania that Lilly, their daughter, needed tending to.

"We just set her to sleep an hour ago!" said Cole, getting up. "How did she wake up so quickly? I was still dreaming."

"Well, we can't just let Lilly cry like that in the middle of the night," said Vania. "She is still small and is dependable on her parents."

So, both of them went towards the crib, which was right in front of their bed, where they saw and heard Lilly crying as loudly as a hungry wolf, trying to get his prey.

"It's okay, it's okay, my daughter," said Vania, picking Lilly up. "What's wrong, my little Lilly?"

"Are you okay, Princess?" asked Cole, trying to soothe Lilly. "Did something wake you up, Lilly?"

"She must be hungry," said Vania. "Are you hungry?'

Lilly's voice softened once Vania sat down on one of the couches and began feeding her. After a few more minutes, she fell asleep.

"Oh, I hope that Lilly sleeps for the rest of the night," said Vania, setting Lilly down on her crib. "I need a little more rest before the day starts."

"Me, too," said Cole, yawning. "I think she's down for the night."

Cole and Vania went back to their bed and fell asleep. 

For the rest of the night, Lilly did not cry anymore, and she only did when the alarm rang, disturbing her.

"Looks like we've got two alarm clocks from now on," said Cole, picking Lilly up. "Hi, Lilly. Are you hungry?"

While Cole was talking with his daughter, Lilly began eating her right hand, leaving saliva on it.

"She sure seems so," said Vania, getting Lilly from Cole's arms. "I'll just feed her for a few minutes while you can take a shower."

"Okay," said Cole, grabbing his towel. "See you, my two favourite girls."

While Cole began taking a shower, Vania sat down again on the same couch she did the last midnight, and set Lilly down on her lap.

"Looks like you two are having the time of your lives, huh?" said Cole, as he got out, hair half wet. "And Lilly's asleep yet again."

"I guess she just doesn't want any loud noises disturbing her," said Vania, gently rocking Lilly on her arms. "Can you hold her now? I'm just going to take a quick shower."

"I'll gladly take that offer," said Cole.

As soon as the bathroom's door closed, Lilly gave a little sneeze and began crying loudly again.

"Oh, dear, oh, dear," said Cole, beginning to panic. "Don't cry, Lilly. Do you want your pacifier?"

Cole quickly took Lilly's purple pacifier and gave it to Lilly, who began chewing it and she slowly stopped crying.

Ever since Lilly was born, Cole and Vania's lives have really changed. From changing the dirty and smelly diapers to the constant milk puking, and just everything made it twice as hard to rule the Kingdom of Shintaro.

For the rest of the morning, Cole and Vania went on to their regular morning routine for the past two weeks ever since they arrived with the baby.

After taking a quick shower, Vania fed Lilly, then Cole had to make sure that she had to burp, or else she'll puke all of the milk out, he also changed her diaper, and they went to the dining room to finally be able to eat their breakfast. But, of course, when you have a baby, everything you do is work itself.