Princess Lilly's Birth

It has been about eight months precisely since Jezebel, daughter of King Ethbaal of a neighbouring kingdom, had visited Shintaro.

Now, over the past few months, weeks, and days, all of the Shintarians had found out about Vania's pregnancy, and have accepted, not like they never accepted it before.

As for the gender of the baby, Cole and Vania found out that it was going to be a baby girl!

Both of them could hardly wait for her to be born, but for now, she was still in the womb of her mother.

"Today's the ninth month," said Vania, checking the room's calendar hung on the wall. "And tomorrow is my due date."

"Are you feeling well?" asked Cole. "You aren't feeling any contractions or any other thing related to giving birth?"

"For now, nothing unusual," said Vania. "But I do hope that tomorrow, we'll finally get to meet our little daughter."

"Yeah, I also hope that," said Cole. "Although, we can't force her to be born tomorrow. What if she's not ready to see this wonderful world yet?"

"That's true," said Vania. "We don't know what tomorrow will bring. So, I'm just excited."

Just then, Vania felt Lilly, the name of their daughter, kick inside of her. A very hard kick, a kick very unusual for Lilly to do.

Cole noticed Vania flinch, so he went and helped her sit down on one of the chairs in the bedroom.

"What's wrong? Is she coming now?" asked Cole, worriedly.

"I don't think that she's coming out, but - eugh - this doesn't feel really good," groaned Vania. "It feels like something is just begging to get out."

"Then, we better get going to the hospital then," said Cole, trying to help Vania get into the car. "Just to make sure that everything is alright."

As Cole and Vania drove to Ninjago City Hospital, Vania absolutely did not feel good. Inside of her stomach, Lilly kept on kicking. And not the good type of kicking that Vania would usually feel.

"You're back a day early," said Reuben, after seeing Cole and Vania. "Is it time already?"

"I-I don't know," stuttered Vania. "It just hurts."

"We'll have to get that checked then," said Reuben, with a frown. "Follow me now! While there's still time!"

While Reuben began examining Vania, he noticed that her water had already broken and it was time for her baby to be born.

"We'll get you to the delivery room now," said Reuben. "That baby is definitely not going to wait another day for her to be born."

Reuben asked some nurses to give some assistance with Vania's labour, which was happening right at that time.

Once they arrived, Reuben prepared the delivery room, while the nurses helped Vania put on the hospital birthing gown, told her everything she needed to know, and prepared her for her upcoming birth in the delivery room once it was finished getting ready.

Once Reuben told them that the delivery room was okay and fine, they escorted Vania to the room.

"Looks like it's time for the centimetres to begin dilating," implied Reuben, once Vania sat down onto the bed. "It will take a few more hours before they are finally dilated to ten, but seeing as it is still nine in the morning, maybe at about five in the afternoon you'll be ready to push."

"It takes eight hours for ten centimetres to dilate?" asked Cole. "That's quite a long time."

"If you're lucky, then yes, eight hours will be enough," said Reuben, with a little smile. "Though, if you're, I don't want to say unlucky, but sometimes it takes twelve hours before they're done dilating for the first child. For the second and third it will only take at least five hours."