Finding Out

Not long after finding out about Vania's pregnancy, it was time for their checkup with Reuben, their doctor. No one knew, not even Lloyd, Kai, Jay, and Zane, and they were Cole's most trusted Ninja friends!

"Are you okay?" asked Cole, when Vania came out of the bathroom, after she threw up. "You look extremely exhausted."

"I'm feeling better now," she replied. "And I think we better get going now. We'll be late for the checkup."

Cole nodded, as he got the car ready and prepared. He knew that maybe in the middle of the ride, Vania would suddenly feel nauseous, so, just in case, Cole covered the windows on the side, and he told Vania to just lay down on the backseat, which she willingly agreed.

"Okay, that must be fine for you now," said Cole, checking his work. "Now try it, My Queen."

Once they had finally arrived at the Ninjago City Hospital, Cole carefully parked his car at the hospital's parking lot, and helped Vania out of the car.

"Easy, now," he said. "Don't want you vomiting or feeling nauseous. Again."

"We're back," said Vania, getting out. "It feels quite fresh to be back here again. Let's go get checked!"

Vania walked towards the exit, hand in hand with her husband. She was excited to find out more news about their upcoming new baby.

The automatic doors swung open for them, and when they entered the institution, Cole was surprised to see Lloyd, Kai, Harumi, and Skylor there in the waiting room. When they also saw Cole and Vania, Skylor waved for them to sit down next to them. Cole nodded.

"Let's get checked in first, before we join them," said Cole to Vania.

"Hello, Sir and Ma'am," said the person at the front desk. "Getting a checkup with Doctor Reuben, I suppose?"

"Yes, we are," said Vania. "When is the appointment going to start?"

"Let's see here," she said, checking her computer. "Doctor Reuben's just going to have to finish one more patient, and then you're ready to go."

"Thank you," said Cole. "We'll be in the waiting room while waiting."

"Okay, Doctor's assistant nurse will call your names when he's ready,"

Cole and Vania walked to where the rest of the group were, and greeted them warmly.

"Hey, Cole," said Kai. "What are you doing here? I didn't expect you to be in Ninjago."

"Neither did I," said Lloyd.

"Well, you see," started Cole. "It was very complicated, but, er, Vania is, erm, pregnant."

"She is?" said Skylor, joining in. "For how many months now?"

"About one month," said Vania. "Seven weeks to be exact."

"Do Jay and Nya know about this?" asked Kai. "This is some juicy news."

"Honestly, no, only you guys know, aside from Vania and I," said Cole, through a whisper. "We don't want to tell other Shintarians or people from Ninjago, because if the news spreads, Vangelis or any other villain might endanger the baby."

"Smart thinking, you did there," said Lloyd. "But, what will happen once her stomach, you know, gets bigger? What will happen when people find out about it?"

"The people knowing about it aren't that big of a deal," said Cole. "But ever since that scenario with Vangelis, he has been plotting ways of escaping prison. And once he finds out about this, he'll plan on doing something evil for sure."