Chapter 7 (some 💋)

He took out his lyre that Kazuha gave him and played a soft melody as he hummed along. After a while, he heard footsteps and turned to look at the source. He widened his eyes.

"Y/n?"

.............................

"Haitham...? What are you...?" Y/n was surprised to see him late at night, he felt happy for some reason. He got down from the tree as Haitham walked up to him and immediately pulled him into a gentle hug. He stayed silent for a while before returning the hug. "I'm just taking a walk around, I can't sleep. Why aren't you sleeping?" Y/n sighed. "I can't seem to sleep well too..." He looked down. Haitham pulled away to look at him. "...I don't think I can go home for a long time... I'm an important figure in this new project, they need my assistance, yet.... I don't want to be far away from you.." He teared up as a drop of tear fell off his cheek. Haitham felt hurt as he reached his hand towards his cheek and wiped off the tear.

"Y/n."

The blue haired looked up, suddenly, soft lips met his lips as he widened his eyes. After a while, the kiss got passionate. He was surprised and opened his mouth to speak, but Haitham slid his tongue in. "Mmh... Haith.. am.." Y/n's grip on his shirt tightened as he struggled to breathe. His back was met with the tree earlier as Haitham brought him closer by the waist. With insufficient amount of oxygen, his legs gave up as he fell to the ground, weakly gasping for air. Haitham realized what he had done and immediately helped him to get up. "I'm sorry.. I don't know what's gotten into me.. I-" Y/n put a hand on his cheek as he gave him a light kiss before smiling. "It's alright... Just don't kill me, please." Haitham leaned into his touch as he smiled. "Y/n.. I have to tell you something." He tilted his head. "Hm? What is it?" Haitham opened his mouth, but paused before shaking his head. "No, nevermind. It's getting late, you should have a rest." Y/n blinked a few times before chuckling. "Alright, then you should go too. You have to go to Port Ormos tomorrow, right?" He nodded. "Goodnight then, I'll be seeing you tomorrow." Y/n turned to leave and walked a few steps before stopping. He looked back and waved with a smile on his face. Haitham returned the wave as he too smiled. Soon, Y/n finally left as Haitham stood there by himself. He touched his lips as the moments earlier flashed before him. He sighed. "Should I tell him about my feelings?... It should be obvious, but he didn't seem to notice it... Well, whatever. He wouldn't feel the same. Or is he?..." Haitham shrugged it off and went back home. After a while of thinking, he soon fell asleep.

.

"He kissed me..."

Y/n leaned against the door of his dorm room as he touched his lips. "What does it mean..?" He closed his eyes as he remembered what had happened and shook his head. "Ah, maybe it's his way of saying thank you for being a friend to him. He definitely kissed Kaveh before because of the same reason, no? At least, that's what Ayato told me.." He took off the many layers of his clothes except for one, which he uses for sleeping. Then, he laid on the bed as he closed his eyes. "But it does feel good though... Hmm." He rolled on the bed.

"Haitham's bed is definitely more comfy."

..............................

A few days later...

"Hmm the reports are well-written and clearly detailed."

Azar closed the document in his hand and put it on his table. "Well done, Y/n. And one thing, how's the project coming along?" Y/n smiled. "We have come up with the finest plan regarding the materials, designs and the mechanisms. Though it would take some time putting everything together and do some test runs. The estimated time of completion is on the agreed date of Jnagarbha Day, where the progress would have reached 98% to 99% by then." Azar laughed. "Very well, great job. I will check on it later. For now, I will need your help to investigate a particular blonde-haired traveller. His last destination was in Port Ormos. Gather as much information you can get." Y/n bowed.