Chapter 5

"... who's talking.."
"Your scribe."
"Scribe...? My scribe.. Alhaitham..?"

...............................

Y/n raised his head to look at the person in front of him. The lights were blinding his sight since he just cried and his eyes were a bit swollen. He winced. Haitham looked at him with an apologetic face as he place a hand on his cheek. "I'm sorry I made you cry. I was being childish for no reason, it's not your fault." Y/n was confused as he focused his gaze. Upon realization on who it was, he abruptly straighten his posture and leaned back onto the chair with wide eyes. "Y-you...you heard.. that?" Haitham nodded as he started to panic. "Oh no, what do I do? I-I.. please forgive me! I don't... I-" He stopped panicking as soon as he felt someone hugging him. He looked at Haitham as he trembled. "A-are you going to kill me?.." Y/n started to tear up once again as Haitham didn't know what to do given his lack of social skills. He sighed. "No. I just want you to know that I'm sorry for everything that happened just now. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I don't want you to feel sad because of me. I don't want to see you cry because of my doing. Don't cry now." He wiped the tear off Y/n's cheek as he smiled. He gasped. "You're so cute when you smile..." Haitham was surprised as Y/n realized what he had said and panicked. "Thanks." Y/n smiled softly as he covered his mouth, yawning. Haitham noticed his sleepy eyes and released him. "Let's go back. You're getting sleepy." Y/n slowly nodded as he stood up, but stumbled and fell back on the chair. "Here, let me help you." Haitham helped him to get up as he thanked him. "Can you walk? Or do you want me to carry you home?" Y/n looked at him with a tired face as he slowly shook his head. "No, I'm fine.. Let's go." Then, they made their way back to Haitham's house.

Everything was fine, until Y/n got too tired and fell to the ground. Luckily, Haitham caught him as he sighed and carried him on his back. As he walked, he could hear soft snoring. He sighed.

"Being a sage to the Akademiya made you this tired, huh... Don't worry, I'll get you out from there. Soon.."

........................

"Oh, you two are back. I was- Hey? What happened?" Kaveh stood up from his seat as he ran up to them. "I'll make dinner later. Y/n just got tired from his work and I don't want to disturb his rest. I'll bring him to the bedroom first." Haitham said as Kaveh was worried. Suddenly, he could feel a tap on his arm as Y/n woke up and opened his eyes halfway. "No, I'll cook... I promised. Could you.. put me down, please?" He pleaded as Haitham was hesitated at first, but gave up. He slowly put Y/n down. "Thank you.. both of you can wait a bit while I make dinner, so...mm." He walked towards the kitchen as Haitham and Kaveh looked at each other. "Is he really okay? He looks like he's about to pass out any moment." Haitham sighed. "Well, I wanted to stop him, but I can't. Nevermind, I'll just observe." Haitham followed Y/n as Kaveh sighed.

.

"Haitham...."
"Please."
".....no."
"Let me just sit here."

Y/n shook his head. "No, it's a surprise." Haitham sighed. "I don't want you passing out again. Especially not in the kitchen. So I'm here to make sure such thing won't happen." Y/n pouted as he continued to cook. A smug plastered on the grey haired's face as he watched the other cook. Haitham was amazed by how fast he prepared the ingredients and cooked. His movements were precise and elegant, even though his face clearly showed extreme tiredness. After a while, Y/n finished as he made the table before serving the food he made. "Everything's ready. Um, Haitham? Could you.. get Kaveh here?" Haitham nodded as he went to Kaveh's room.