Chapter 6

"Happy to help. I'll go do my job now, good luck." He said before retreating as Haitham sighed.

"Well.. I feel lonely all of the sudden."

........................

Suddenly, footsteps was heard as he turned to look at the source.

"Alhaitham."

An aged man who wore a red sage uniform walked up to him. "Yes, sage." The sage of Spantamad darshan gave him a serious look. "I want you to investigate a particular blonde-haired traveller. This traveller is a potential thread to the Akademiya, hence why I tasked you on this matter as an assignment." Haitham crossed his arms. "And what's in it for me?" The sage smirked. "The Grand Sage has allowed you to have a glimpse of the divine knowledge and only if you had managed this task." Haitham thought for a while before agreeing.

"Very well, consider it done."

.

"Hmmm this document... I have to gather some materials for this... Ah, maybe those eremite mercenaries in Aaru Village know something. Yes, yes, this will do." Y/n closed the last document as he rose from his seat. "Let's go to Aaru Village! But, before that..." He went to the coat rack at the corner and took off the outer layer of his clothes. Then, he wore a different layer that he usually wear for researching purposes since it allows him to move freely.

'Knock knock knock'

The sudden knocking caused him to flinch a bit as he answered the door. "Yes? Ah, General Mahamatra Cyno. Come in." Cyno came inside as he closed the door. "Did I interrupt something?" Y/n shook his head. "Not at all. Why do you ask?" Cyno looked at his clothes. "You look like you're going somewhere and I thought you are in a hurry." Y/n smiled. "I am going somewhere, but I'm not in a rush anyway, so is there anything I can help you with?" He asked as he gestured him to sit down. "I was wondering if the higher-ups are hiding things from me." Y/n was surprised. "Hiding things from you? What kind?" Cyno explained the missing datas in the Akademiya's project planning and development file. "As the General Mahamatra, I have requested an audit for this matter, but then I found out that the one behind this erroneous data is the Grand Sage Azar himself. My request was immediately rejected as soon as the paper reached his table. From the very beginning, the Akademiya is very cautious of me, so now I'm deciding to exile myself to Aaru Village to avoid further predictions from the Akasha." Y/n was lost as he thought to himself. "The 'missing' datas... I think I get which data you're referring to. I wasn't aware of such possibility for you to get shut out from knowing the Akademiya's projects progress..." He then leaned closer towards Cyno to whisper. "I can't talk about that 'data' here, if anything I'll update you via letters addressed to Aaru Village, okay?" Cyno looked at him and nodded. "For now, I'm kind of sad that you must go. Hmm has anyone ever tell you how addicting your jokes are?" Cyno was surprised. "You...like my jokes?" Y/n chuckled. "Of course, I do. Though it's not actually that funny, I do enjoyed it. Something about it makes me want to keep hearing more." Cyno thought to himself. "So joke doesn't have to be funny... Then, I'm glad you like it. If we're going to meet each other again, I'll make sure to tell you the best jokes." Y/n smiled. "I would love to, and while you're at it, a few rounds of Genius Invokation TCG wouldn't hurt." Cyno grinned. "Then, I'll make sure to win against you." Y/n laughed softly. "No, Cyno. You never win against me." He crossed his arms. "We'll see about that. That's aside, I heard you're going to Aaru Village?" Y/n nodded. "Yeah, I have to complete a document. Why?" "You don't have to. Just give me the tasks and I'll work on it. At the end of the day, I'll give you the reports in the form of letter." Y/n was surprised. "Really?" Cyno nodded as Y/n gave him a hug. "Thank you so much! I'll repay you when we meet again." He patted Y/n. "No, don't worry about it. You don't have to."