Chapter 1

"Y/n-nii sama! Ayato-nii sama!"

Footsteps could be heard as the door opened, revealing young Ayaka with a small plate in her hands as Thoma followed her from behind. A bright smile plastered on her face as she ran up to her brothers who were doing their paperwork. Y/n and Ayato turned their heads towards their sister as they smiled softly. "What is it, Ayaka?" Ayaka showed them the food she made, two sakura mochi except for they were made differently from its original shape and decoration. "Here, I learned how to make sakura mochi from Thoma, but I made it in my own way. I think I will call it 'Snow on the Hearth', what do you think, Y/n-nii? Ayato-nii?" Y/n's eyes sparkled as Ayato chuckled. "It certainly has a unique look and more beautiful. You did great, Ayaka." "I agree with Ayato. It look so pretty and cute just like you, my little snowflake." They both patted her head as Ayaka hugged them. "Hehe, thank you, brothers. I love you two so much." "We love you too, Ayaka." Thoma watched the three siblings hugging while smiling softly.

'What a loving family.'

....................................

Earlier in Y/n and Ayato's office..

Ayato sighed as he placed his brush down. "Ayato, what's wrong?" Y/n noticed the sadness mixed with tiredness in his eyes as purple hues looked into e/c ones. He smiled. "Y/n, you know what state the clan is in right? Ayaka is still too young for all this, hence why, we have to try our best to protect this family. This world can be a dangerous place. You have seen it yourself how cruel the world can be. The countless affairs behind the faces of the tri commissions. Mother and father... Sadly they couldn't help us anymore." A drop of tear fell from his cheek as Y/n reached out his hand to wiped off the tear with his thumb. Ayato pulled him into a hug as he buried his face into Y/n's chest. He returned the hug and ran his fingers through Ayato's hair. "Don't worry, Ayato. I will help you with whatever you think is right for this family. I will always be by your side whenever you or Ayaka needs me. Just come to me, alright?" Ayato nodded as they broke the hug and continued to work. Ayato was very grateful to have Y/n and Ayaka as his family, who always brighten up his day and always there for him whenever he needed help or comfort. He never wanted this family to disappear. He wanted to protect them even if he has to draw his blade.

'I will protect you until my last breath, Y/n, Ayaka.'

....................................

Few years later..

Y/n's POV

Ayato had gone busier as we grew up. He comes home later than usual, but if things got busier than ever, he didn't come home for a few days.Well, that's to be expected for a commissioner and the head of the clan. However, I got worried each day and it made me feel like I don't want to grow up all of the sudden. I really missed those days when we were all young, with... mother and father. We were so happy back then. Of course, life must go on, but... I hope we can still smile and be happy as a family. Mother, father,.. Ayato and I worked hard to make your dreams come true. To be a happy family. If you're watching, I hope you're proud of us. Rest well, mother, father...

"Excuse me, my Lord. Your brother has arrived."
"Oh, really!? Ahem. Thanks for the information, Thoma. I'll be there soon."

End of POV

Thoma chuckled as he went to make some tea and snacks for the Kamisato siblings. It was pretty late at night and rainy, Y/n couldn't help but to worry of his older brother who just got back with his almost soaked clothes. He immediately ran up to his brother checking his temperature by placing his hand on Ayato's forehead. "Ayato, didn't you bring an umbrella with you? Look at you, almost soaked wet. What do I do if you get sick?" Ayato chuckled. "No worries, dear Y/n. It only rains when I was about to arrive, no big deal. Also, why are you still up so late at night? Ayaka should be fast asleep by now so why aren't you?" Y/n avoided his gaze as he pouted. "I was working on your paperwork after finishing mine while waiting for you.." He mumbled the last part, but was clearly heard by Ayato who just chuckled at his brother's antics. "Aw I see it now. You're being nice to me. Thanks for that, Y/n. What do you want in return, hm?" Y/n stayed silent as he grabbed Ayato's wrist and dragged him inside. Y/n brought him to his room and gently pushed him inside before closing the door. "Get yourself changed, you'll catch a cold if you stayed in wet clothes." Ayato heard his footsteps fading away as he chuckled. "What do I do with you, Y/n?" He sighed and proceeded to change his outfit into a more comfortable one.