Chapter Four

Simon pulled y/n close and placed a hand on her chest, feeling her heartbeat and holding her close.

"It's freezing, why don't you have a coat on?" Simon asks.

Y/N shivers, holding onto him without answering.

"Fucking hell, y/n you're gonna get sick, here." He says, taking his jacket off and wrapping it around the girl.

She took it gratefully, "t-thank you." She says through chattering teeth.

"Why did you come find me?" Simon asks, trying not to sound as pissed as he was.

"B-Because-" y/n says, tugging on Simon's arm.

She knew exactly where he'd be when he didn't answer her texts, her calls.

She knew what was wrong.

"Come home with me. It's cold." Y/N says, "I didn't want you out here alone."

"So you come out here without a warm piece of clothing in sight?"

"I th-threw on a hoodie."

Simon shakes his head.

"Why do you care about me-"

"Simon I love you! And I won't have you freeze now c'mon!"

It wouldn't be the first time he was reluctant to accept her invitation. Scared he'd bring unnecessary problems to the girl.

"But-"

The girl's thoughts were interrupted when she felt a nudge.

"You ok, sergeant?" Laswell asks.

Y/N snaps out of her dazed out state, looking at the other woman.

"Y-Yeah.." she says, kinda upset that her thoughts were now blank.

"We should be landing soon, about an hour left," says Laswell. "The view is beautiful." She says.

Y/N looks out the window, humming in agreement. "It sure is.." she sighs.

It was sunrise, the sky was a beautiful pink color with hues of orange and purple. The sun is peeking above the clouds slightly.

The beautiful city lights shone beneath them, giving a sense of comfort to the scene.

"Do you ever feel lost?" y/n asks suddenly, laswell looking in her direction.

The older woman nods, "I do from time to time, but my job keeps me sane, despite how crazy it can be. It keeps me grounded."

The girl nods at the response but doesn't say anything else until a few moments pass by.

"What's this mission, anyways? I hope I packed appropriately. Price hadn't told me much."

Laswell shakes her head at the fact that Price had not informed her sooner, "to make a long story short, after our last mission I did some digging."

"That's always fun,"

"Indeed, I found that after we'd stopped three missiles there was a fourth one being worked with. We need to find that missile as soon as possible and designate it. The captain insisted they needed one more soldier and, you y/n, was his first choice." Laswell explained.

y/n nodded her head along to all that Laswell said. "Does General Shepard know about it?"

Laswell pauses at the mention of his name, shrugging simply. "He could, we don't speak to him anymore."