Chapter One

When y/n and Simon were both in high school, they were in a relationship. The type of relationship that everyone wishes they had. y/n was there for Simon during his darkest days and vice versa. When Simon would face abuse from his father he knew who would be the first to be there for him to comfort him.

Before they were in a real relationship, Simon was very to himself, quiet. No friends and definitely didn't talk to anyone if he didn't have to. y/n was a shy girl but when she wanted to know someone she got to know them, and that's exactly what happened with her and Simon. To make a long story short, it took a lot of convincing to get Simon to realize he had feelings for this girl. The hardest part was Simon accepting he deserved to be happy, and though he had the girl he loved, he never really accepted it.

Simon told her things no one else would have ever lived the day to hear. He trusted her with his life. And she trusted him with hers.

That's why it hurt so much when she found out he was leaving her.

"Will you return? You'll come back won't you? Simon.. I love you."

"I love you too, but I have to get away." he says before walking away.

"I understand...but-"

He turns around, grabbing her roughly and desperately. He didn't want to let go. He kissed her lips warmly and pulled away. He nodded once and handed her a small envelope, a tiny drawing of a ghost was on it.

She looked down, opening it and pulling out a small picture attached to a note.

She then looked back up, he was out of sight.

The girl cried, dropping to her knees.

She held a picture close to her heart. It was a picture of Simon, it was ripped though. He had the other half, it was of her. She didn't know that.

She would have protested and fought for him to change his mind, he didn't want to join the military. What was he thinking? But no matter what she said she knew this was the best way for him to get away from the shit-show of a 'family' he deals with. If she loves him, she'll let him do whats good for him, right?

Right. 

----

short chapter to start it off <3